What is this connector type called?

CorruptJon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so it's a mini-DIN. (Thanks UltraMagnus) So I took a picture of the back and looked on ebay and found these two. Can anyone tell me if either would work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330270261302

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-AC-Power-Supply-fo...93%3A1|294%3A50

213owmx.jpg

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What the... What is that?!

I thought it was S-Video.But there is one random hole... Have you tried searching the brand on google, then going to their site? I bought a refurbished Dell Precision 370, and it came with some random video card since it had no VGA Port.

At first I thought it was a DVI port, but then it had a few extra squares... And then realizing it wasn't I ended up buying a new video card. I then trashed it. I had no use for it. If I can find it again, I will show you a picture of it.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
If you're lucky there'll be a sticker on the bottom of the drive that gives you the voltage, amperage, and polarity & power type schematic.

Anytime I'm faced with this problem, I just hit as many thrift shops as I can and ask for the electronics guy (I used to be one) and show him what I need. He/she may be able to match something up for you, I used to always have a large box of random power supplies on hand. If you give him a few bucks he may even hack a connector up for you.

The voltage and amperage can be off a bit, but try to match up everything else, likely it'll be DC power, but I've been fooled before.

Worth a try anyway.. since it's not likely you'll find that precise power supply, like UltraMagnus said.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to be a nood and say "yo man thats an S video" bit its totally not. I havent to slightest.

Mthrnite your Ava/sig combo is fuckin hilarious.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok from your new image its a Samsung SE-S184 USB external litescribe dvd burner
smile.gif

maby email Samsung customer service and see if they can track one down for you
smile.gif

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as I thought, it requires two voltages, the connector must have two voltage pins, and two ground pins, along with a NC pin. and you have no idea what way they are connected...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Talk about propaganda.