What is this adapter for?

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it looks like it might be for an old camera/camcorder to connect to a tv, not entirely sure though
also found this
couldn't find anything about the video cable, im assuming its just designed to work with whatever it came with only

WigWrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3.5mm audio and video cable to rca. Splits stereo from 3.5mm jack to right and left channel rca. Yellow cable is for video (vid cam and any other hardware that makes use of 3.5mm plug).

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
TRS to RCA adapters are not that uncommon. The reason being the source (or the target) device having a TRS port, sometimes to save space (1 small port vs multiple ports) on the back. If you buy a WDTV movie player, the legacy analog composite connection is handled that way.

If I recall correctly, even one Nintendo official Wii video cable came with some RCA to TRS adapters. Probably a component cable I imported from Japan or something.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly for cameras, not a very useful cord for the socially inept though. You'll never, if rarely find yourself in a situation where you need to share your camera's image on your aging TV. Anytime you buy a camera you just may get another cable, I just don't think its really worth hanging onto.

My parents keep practically every cable and charger they ever came across hoping to one day find other uses for them, but they're not the tinkering-type so they sit in a box untouched. Many cables over 10 years, maybe even N64 and SNES cables in there.

Personally I like to keep my cables in the boxes they came in, or keep my cables in a drawer thats used alot. Every cable I own has a use that I'm aware of. If I have a cable I don't know what it goes to, I discard it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mostly for cameras, not a very useful cord for the socially inept though. You'll never, if rarely find yourself in a situation where you need to share your camera's image on your aging TV. Anytime you buy a camera you just may get another cable, I just don't think its really worth hanging onto.

phono to 3.5mm is rather nice for sticking audio into a line in on a PC. Similarly as male-male phone leads are probably the more common type it could be good for getting things out of a PC as well. The OP/people in general might not have a great use for the video side of it again but it looks like you can lose that easily enough.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i have a cheap tv (brand is "OK" ) with no rca connectors, but it come with that wire
the same thing on a portable dvd player, to make the thing more slimmer it does have 3.5mm jacks instead of rca connectors, and i could connect for example my ps2 to the dvd player monitor

the audio part is very useful you can for example connect to pc, or mp3 player and play music through big speakers or if your tv doesn't have hdmi in...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1