What is the worst community you ever joined?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Trash_Bandatcoot, Aug 3, 2018.

1. JellyPerson

JellyPerson JellyPerson#6885 on Discord, hmu!

Jul 26, 2017
    Korea, North
    Pyongyang
    uhhhhhhhhhh ever heard of a little game called "roblox"

Ricken likes this.
  2. HamBone41801

HamBone41801 Vipera’s Alt

Jan 16, 2017
    United States
    Nah that’s me.

Worst community I’ve ever been apart of? Well, I can’t remember what it was called, but it was a Java programming forum. I was 13 and I just needed help understanding the current multi-threading convention, as it changes with every single update. This was a few years back, before I new the truth about how terrible programming forums were in general.

3. YamiZee

YamiZee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2013
    Finland
    I tend to dislike communities where questioning mods/staff and bringing discussion about them is considered bad or punishable. Feels like north korea, and i know a few too many communities that are authoritative like this.

Last edited by YamiZee, Aug 7, 2018
    GensokyoIceFairy likes this.
  4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Surely GBAtemp would fall under that as well.
    It is generally observed that allowing backtalk, questioning and back channel grumbling does not improve matters and as such most places will have something like it.
    I would agree many places I have seen are unfair, inconsistent, frequently serve to create an echo chamber and are wildly out of line with notions underpinning things most would otherwise consider fair game but the idea that questioning staff decisions needs to be handled appropriately is nothing new or drastic from where I sit.

5. brickmii82
    This message by brickmii82 has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 7, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Aug 7, 2018
  6. Subtle Demise
    This message by Subtle Demise has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 7, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Aug 7, 2018
  7. NicoAICP
    This message by NicoAICP has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 7, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Aug 7, 2018
  8. dAVID_
    This message by dAVID_ has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 7, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Aug 7, 2018
  9. JellyPerson
    This message by JellyPerson has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 7, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Aug 7, 2018
  10. DarthDub
    This message by DarthDub has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 7, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Aug 7, 2018
  11. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney Chemtrail Pilot

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    GSCentral. joined it as it was dying and horribly administrated

GensokyoIceFairy likes this.
  12. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBATemp's official Weedle fanatic!

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    Route 2
    Twitch
    Too many spammers, trolls and jerks ):

13. Dan-the-Rebirth

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    Gbatemp

Jk

14. seren3

seren3 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2018
    United States
    Facebook. It was such a time sink. I cut the cord a few years ago, and I haven't had a Facebook page since. My life's gotten a lot better. A few of my friends nagged on me about not being on FB but a lot of those same people have quit since. I've found that if a person really wants to contact you, they'll find a different way to do it. Also, having social media gives people a means to pull you on a string whenever they feel like it. I hear a lot about employers who call their employees in for overtime through social media, and reprimand them if they don't respond, and it's the same thing with owning a phone. If I am not being paid to be on call or on close terms with someone, I would not extend them the privilege of freely contacting me. If a person wants to contact me, they can send me an email to my company website and I'll get to it when I damn well please, or not at all. I only chat with people if I know them and trust them, or if I have something to say.

I don't carry a phone and am notoriously difficult to contact, and I like it that way.

Last edited by seren3, Aug 10, 2018