Hardware What is the status of the WiiGun?

qwertyasdf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That rifle blaster looks pretty badass... If someone buys that can you post a review of the build quality? I might get that instead of the official one, it looks way cooler.

My friend got ones of those rifles, I tried it at his house once. The build quality's pretty good for a third party product. Of course, not all the edges of the plastic is smooth, but that's expected from most third party manufacturers anyways
tongue.gif
I'd say, the build is not worst than the third party accessories you get from Wal-Mart.

I think I'm going to order one soon. Really want to play Resident Evil with some "form" and "style"
wink.gif

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That rifle blaster looks pretty badass...  If someone buys that can you post a review of the build quality?  I might get that instead of the official one, it looks way cooler.

My friend got ones of those rifles, I tried it at his house once. The build quality's pretty good for a third party product. Of course, not all the edges of the plastic is smooth, but that's expected from most third party manufacturers anyways
tongue.gif
I'd say, the build is not worst than the third party accessories you get from Wal-Mart.

I think I'm going to order one soon. Really want to play Resident Evil with some "form" and "style"
wink.gif
I've only seen that one angle of that gun. Can you decribe how the layout works?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

qwertyasdf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So that one doesn't even have a trigger??? What's the point?

What do you mean no trigger? The trigger is the Nunchucks' C or Z button, just like the other wii guns. It' just that this one is longer and will give you a better "feel" because you can even do the "lock and load" if you wish to reload
wink.gif

You don't expect them to actually make a gun with a physical trigger that will actually activate the B button when you press it right? Because a design like that would have many flaws, since the trigger might not always be able to fully touch the B button, and the mechanism involved in such a gun would be a lot more complicated.

The rifle is the best it gets. Unless, of course, they put the laser on it
wink.gif
Like I previously said, I have the laser gun at home and I love it because the laser lets you shoot accurately. I should really try out the rifle again when I visit my friend next time though
tongue.gif

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So that one doesn't even have a trigger???  What's the point?

You don't expect them to actually make a gun with a physical trigger that will actually activate the B button when you press it right? Because a design like that would have many flaws, since the trigger might not always be able to fully touch the B button, and the mechanism involved in such a gun would be a lot more complicated.
You mean a trigger like the official Nintendo gun?
nintendozappersmallfh5.jpg

qwertyasdf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So that one doesn't even have a trigger??? What's the point?

You mean a trigger like the official Nintendo gun?
nintendozappersmallfh5.jpg

I'd rather have the rifle over this anyday...

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I bought the rifle one and here are my thoughts:

Because your hands are going around the shell encompassing the remote and nunchuck, it's significantly bulkier feeling in your hand than without. I know that Nintendo did the thing they did with the B button on their official zapper: it keeps the grip small and similar to the Wii remote. However, the downside to their configuration is that it's harder to get to any other buttons on the remote, whereas the rifle configuration you're holding the remote just like you normally would, so you have full access to all buttons.

The remote fits nicely into the shaft of the gun, and you run the wire down the rest of it (this is why the thing comes apart) out a small hole to the nunchuck. It took only a little figuring out how to get it in right, considering there were no instructions in the box. The nunchuck simply sits in its little cradle with no real locking mechanism. This disappointed me somewhat, as I found that it's very easy to push the nunchuck out of the cradle when you press either button. I fixed the issue by adding a small rubber band to act as some sort of backstop. I would expect the Zapper to have the same issue, except that they have the player grip more of the nunchuck, so your hand is a natural backstop as if you weren't using it in the zapper. I think it's a double edged sword, because the nunchuck Does sit in the rifle unless you move it out, whereas the Wii Zapper looks like it would fall out if you weren't holding it.

The edges on the nunchuck side are a little rough, but nothing terribly irritating. The part on the remote side feels just fine.

I'm anxious to finally play a game that is designed for this configuration though, as having the trigger at the B button when holding the gun like this feels very strange to me.

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like that there is a lot of variety, but will there ever be a one handed gun? It seems like all these companies are interested in doing is making a plastic housing for the Wiimote and Nunchuck. Is anyone actually going to wire some buttons?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans