FIXED! What is the show button on deleted posts for? (For Non Admins)

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The button just links to an error so what is the point of it? I assume for admins it does indeed bypass it being hidden and shows it but it is completely and utterly useless the majority of users...

Reactions: wartutor

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The button just links to an error so what is the point of it? I assume for admins it does indeed bypass it being hidden and shows it but it is completely and utterly useless the majority of users...
It's just there to tease you with the knowledge that the staff can see deleted posts and you can't. That nothing is ever truly deleted.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The button is exactly for what you think it is: show deleted posts by the staff.
I just looked offline and it is indeed there. It really shouldn't be there, but at least you cannot view deleted content.

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...well, I guess I won't be getting a serious answer from
The button is exactly for what you think it is: show deleted posts by the staff.
I just looked offline and it is indeed there. It really shouldn't be there, but at least you cannot view deleted content.
even if it's your own which is the odd part. it would be the one odd fringe case where it would be nice. but alas, another day.
I guess it's just something to be shrugged off as a forgotten tid bit ill noticed.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this exists for xenforo, but vb has show me all, show me group (user group), or show me individual which can be separated by commas for more than one user. that user is named by user id, not name.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my guess is that xenforo probably has an option to make it display the show me thing and one to make it actually show you what's in there. they're separated by user group. showing you the option may not be intentional or the staff may not care. it's not harming anything, but it's kinda pointless.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
my guess is that xenforo probably has an option to make it display the show me thing and one to make it actually show you what's in there. they're separated by user group. showing you the option may not be intentional or the staff may not care. it's not harming anything, but it's kinda pointless.
It's definitely an oversight. Only the staff should be able to see the "show" button.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably need access to admin cp. I've been in the admin cp on another site. it looks more complicated than vb.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my guess is that it's a usergroup issue. I don't know xenforo may affirm privileges by default, which would explain the mistake. I've taken care of these in vb but not never xenforo.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That link is only for moderators, who can use it to view the deleted post content.
I've removed the link for regular users since they have no use for it.
This is not a XenForo bug btw; standard XenForo does not show deleted post placeholders to regular users, that is a GBAtemp unique thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz