1. jt_1258

OP jt_1258 Stuck

United States
    The button just links to an error so what is the point of it? I assume for admins it does indeed bypass it being hidden and shows it but it is completely and utterly useless the majority of users...

wartutor likes this.
  2. Shadow#1
    This message by Shadow#1 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Aug 8, 2020, Reason: Bickering.
    Aug 7, 2020
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    It's just there to tease you with the knowledge that the staff can see deleted posts and you can't. That nothing is ever truly deleted.

4. Megadriver94
    This message by Megadriver94 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Aug 8, 2020, Reason: Bickering.
    Aug 7, 2020
  5. Shadow#1
    This message by Shadow#1 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Aug 8, 2020, Reason: Bickering.
    Aug 7, 2020
  6. VinsCool

VinsCool Persona Secretiva Felineus

Canada
    The button is exactly for what you think it is: show deleted posts by the staff.
    I just looked offline and it is indeed there. It really shouldn't be there, but at least you cannot view deleted content.

GABO1423 likes this.
  7. jt_1258

OP jt_1258 Stuck

United States
    ...well, I guess I won't be getting a serious answer from
    even if it's your own which is the odd part. it would be the one odd fringe case where it would be nice. but alas, another day.
    I guess it's just something to be shrugged off as a forgotten tid bit ill noticed.

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I don't know if this exists for xenforo, but vb has show me all, show me group (user group), or show me individual which can be separated by commas for more than one user. that user is named by user id, not name.

9. Seliph

Seliph Antifa gamer gf

United States
    Simply to taunt you

Nobody_Important4u likes this.
  10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    my guess is that xenforo probably has an option to make it display the show me thing and one to make it actually show you what's in there. they're separated by user group. showing you the option may not be intentional or the staff may not care. it's not harming anything, but it's kinda pointless.

11. CPG

CPG twat

Canada
    because the sTAFF FEELS LIKE IT.

12. VinsCool

VinsCool Persona Secretiva Felineus

Canada
    It's definitely an oversight. Only the staff should be able to see the "show" button.

GABO1423 and godreborn like this.
  13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    probably need access to admin cp. I've been in the admin cp on another site. it looks more complicated than vb.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

my guess is that it's a usergroup issue. I don't know xenforo may affirm privileges by default, which would explain the mistake. I've taken care of these in vb but not never xenforo.

14. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    That link is only for moderators, who can use it to view the deleted post content.
    I've removed the link for regular users since they have no use for it.
    This is not a XenForo bug btw; standard XenForo does not show deleted post placeholders to regular users, that is a GBAtemp unique thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - deleted, Admins), button