Hacking What is the progress on WiiU hacking? (Not vWii!)

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never gonna happen because they cannot crack the WiiU. Even though they say they have no interest its really they can't break it and they know it.

Sure...

They faked the image of Reggie on the Gamepad, they faked every SHA1 hash (even though the Boot ROM being dumped proves that at least day 8 is real), they faked the vWii tri-core race attack (which Maxternal is using himself), and they put on a fake 30c3 conference just to look competent. I mean, the Wii U must be nearly impossible to hack, not like it has a web browser using an outdated library with known vulnerabilities.

Seriously, I'm tired of people accusing fail0verflow of faking hacking the Wii U. Not only has fail0verflow proven themselves trustworthy before, I'm sure they have better things to do than create some elaborate conspiracy lasting over a year.

Reactions: djbubba2002

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Ehh, while I'm excited to see the eventual arrival of Wii U homebrew, I can see why a lot of people aren't in a rush.. you can already run Wii U games from backup, AND it runs Wii homebrew so it can already do most of what a hacked Wii can do. So the only issue is one of convenience, but since starting up Wii mode is as simple as holding b... But, that's just my opinion.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I truly and honestyly believe that the WiiU is failing, or has failed, because the WiiU hack was never released to the public. In fact, the Wii itself would have died a similar miserable death without it too. I'm not saying I condone piracy, but piracy is what drove the Wii sales to skyrocket. I think fail0verflow just hacked the WiiU because they're smart and capable...and also to give a big F*CK YOU to Nintendo. If they honesty really cared about Nintendo surviving, they would have released it publicly a long time ago.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
How to increase your self esteem 101: judge people on the internet.

That ain't upping my self-esteem but reading comments of people being too lazy to even just swap a disc does show humans are trying to do as little as possible.

Get the case, take out the disc, insert in the console and play. It's pretty easy and fast.

Physical > Digital

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
That ain't upping my self-esteem but reading comments of people being too lazy to even just swap a disc does show humans are trying to do as little as possible.

Get the case, take out the disc, insert in the console and play. It's pretty easy and fast.

Physical > Digital
Yes, and one sentence from one person certainly makes a case for sweeping generalizations about humanity and their supposed "laziness."
Grow up, and get off your high horse.

Reactions: NEP

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not releasing anything "to prevent piracy" has resulted in the 3DS situation where the *only* use for unofficial code to most people is piracy, plus it gave Chinese pirates who brick machines millions of dollars.

I'd certainly love to use a Wii-U to play videos that take too much CPU to play on a Wii, or even just a few fan translations (I imagine that by the end of the system's lifetime there'll probably be *something* we need a translation for) but because nothing is released, this may never happen.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We live in the 21st century - juggling discs should've stayed in the 20th. I'm with Kikirini on this, loaders are useful specifically for that purpose. Not only that, using backups in general is preferable than using original discs anyways, it preserves the software of today for future generations to enjoy.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure...

They faked the image of Reggie on the Gamepad, they faked every SHA1 hash (even though the Boot ROM being dumped proves that at least day 8 is real), they faked the vWii tri-core race attack (which Maxternal is using himself), and they put on a fake 30c3 conference just to look competent. I mean, the Wii U must be nearly impossible to hack, not like it has a web browser using an outdated library with known vulnerabilities.

Seriously, I'm tired of people accusing fail0verflow of faking hacking the Wii U. Not only has fail0verflow proven themselves trustworthy before, I'm sure they have better things to do than create some elaborate conspiracy lasting over a year.
So your progress ceased? It is not usable to others so the tweets, conference, etc are meaningless to us. Probably a more friendly way to put it. If you and others grinded to a halt then I've lost hope.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure...

Care to elaborate? If I'm not mistaken, Team FailOverflow doesn't even have interest in hacking the Wii U on a public level, am I wrong? Because it sure as hell looks like it, they may have found something that resembles an exploit (one that has no purpose to the average user), but did Marcan not say that there was no interest in hacking said console or diving deeper and trying to find an exploit? If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but there's no denying what JerJer said, no interest = no hacks. The Wii U can be cracked, exploited, that part's incontrovertible, all consoles have been hacked to some degree or another. The trouble is the lack of interest, at this rate, I doubt there will ever be a usable er, viable hack, much less an ecosystem from which to build.

This is only my opinion based off what has been said, nothing more. I detect a screeching halt to the Wii U hacking scene, but again, I'm likely to be 100% wrong. No one's questioning their reputability (at least, AFAIK), what they are questioning is their lack of interest. On the contrary, they wouldn't make up a hoax, that'd be stupid, but as far as their work on the Wii U is concerned, it's dead in the water. 'I know that they don't owe us anything, they never did owe us anything. With that said, I personally have a hard time seeing why they need to be defended in such a manner; it just baffles the mind, you know? I'm just trying to figure out what exactly is going on in the scene. I don't know what's going on anymore.

To me, that sounds a helluva lot like a cessation of progress. Wii U hacking as we know it is dead.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So your progress ceased? It is not usable to others so the tweets, conference, etc are meaningless to us. Probably a more friendly way to put it. If you and others grinded to a halt then I've lost hope.

No, we're still working on it. That was just expressing my annoyance at people accusing fail0verflow of not hacking the Wii U.

Care to elaborate? If I'm not mistaken, Team FailOverflow doesn't even have interest in hacking the Wii U on a public level, am I wrong? Because it sure as hell looks like it, they may have found something that resembles an exploit (one that has no purpose to the average user), but did Marcan not say that there was no interest in hacking said console or diving deeper and trying to find an exploit? If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but there's no denying what JerJer said, no interest = no hacks. The Wii U can be cracked, exploited, that part's incontrovertible, all consoles have been hacked to some degree or another. The trouble is the lack of interest, at this rate, I doubt there will ever be a usable er, viable hack, much less an ecosystem from which to build.

This is only my opinion based off what has been said, nothing more. I detect a screeching halt to the Wii U hacking scene, but again, I'm likely to be 100% wrong. No one's questioning their reputability (at least, AFAIK), what they are questioning is their lack of interest. On the contrary, they wouldn't make up a hoax, that'd be stupid, but as far as their work on the Wii U is concerned, it's dead in the water. 'I know that they don't owe us anything, they never did owe us anything. With that said, I personally have a hard time seeing why they need to be defended in such a manner; it just baffles the mind, you know? I'm just trying to figure out what exactly is going on in the scene. I don't know what's going on anymore.

To me, that sounds a helluva lot like a cessation of progress. Wii U hacking as we know it is dead.

I never denied that fail0verflow has lost interest in the Wii U, my point was that JerJer said that they never hacked it in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...