What is the probability of getting ban using checkpoint and other save manager hb?

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using sxos has nothing to do with getting banned, it has a built in stealth mode thats similar to 90DNS
2) 3) and 4) are all tied to using cfw online lots of ppl including me install nsp's but arent banned either
Most of the time ppl tend to report they are banned, but can be abit embarrassed to give us full info on what happen
There are many got banned after used SX OS because they lacked the prevention that Atmosphere does, especially send error codes to SD card instead of NAND and blocked the telemetry completely, so stealth mode and 90DNS aren't foolproof as many people originally thought. Once when register into NAND, so it is irreversible unless you have clean backup. With SX OS, users need to have extra steps to prevent the ban like add Atmosphere module rather than run on default setting and experienced users may have no problem with this.

I'm basing on data and witnessed that many people got banned in SX OS, so Nintendo rely on error codes, NAND and telemetry to determine whichever used illegal or not. The telemetry report is invisible and no one can see about what is in telemetry report, so it isn't uploaded until you go online with Nintendo server, not general online.

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thats what im saying :)
Ok let keep things civil. We dont need to figth over something already happened.

Many people have hacked its switch and used acnh hacks even while online and streamming it, and wasnt banned. So a console ban for hacking ACNH it has a less than 10% chance of happening

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ok let keep things civil. We dont need to figth over something already happened.

Many people have hacked its switch and used acnh hacks even while online and streamming it, and wasnt banned. So a console ban for hacking ACNH it has a less than 10% chance of happening
Yeah i didn't fight or Even be uncivil. Just answered a question. :) dont tag.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are many got banned after used SX OS because they lacked the prevention that Atmosphere does, especially send error codes to SD card instead of NAND and blocked the telemetry completely, so stealth mode and 90DNS aren't foolproof as many people originally thought. Once when register into NAND, so it is irreversible unless you have clean backup. With SX OS, users need to have extra steps to prevent the ban like add Atmosphere module rather than run on default setting and experienced users may have no problem with this.

I'm basing on data and witnessed that many people got banned in SX OS, so Nintendo rely on error codes, NAND and telemetry to determine whichever used illegal or not. The telemetry report is invisible and no one can see about what is in telemetry report, so it isn't uploaded until you go online with Nintendo server, not general online.
I have to disagree You are pointing out old data that happens 3 years ago before stealthmode became a thing. sxos implemneted stealth mode just a few patches after it was released... So that can't be a problem now

Reactions: OblivionReign

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, I didn't edit the island map with save editor and there is no known about ban risk associated with map editor yet.

Go online with Atmosphere could raise the ban risk and it has something with system, so go online at your own risk.

have to disagree You are pointing out old data that happens 3 years ago before stealthmode became a thing. sxos implemneted stealth mode just a few patches after it was released... So that can't be a problem now
The stealth mode has been added since 2018 after many users got banned, so stealth mode isn't new at all.

No, I just pointed at data that users reported and I'm moving on, so there is no point to argue. I'm sticking with statement after witnessed the previous experiences.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, I didn't edit the island map with save editor and there is no known about ban risk associated with map editor yet.

Go online with Atmosphere could raise the ban risk and it has something with system, so go online at your own risk.

The stealth mode has been added since 2018 after many users got banned, so stealth mode isn't new at all.

No, I just pointed at data that users reported and I'm moving on, so there is no point to argue. I'm sticking with statement after witnessed the previous experiences.
So... what does that have to do with the OP getting banned in 2021? I'm not saying your wrong, but that statement doesn't justify anything thats happening now that data isnt relevant anymore b/c we have stealthmode... meaning if the OP is using the sxos he would "have" stealthmode. I was wrong about ACHN having anti-cheat, but as an sxos user for 3 years its 100% safe now b/c you cant even connect to Nintendo services on 11.0 anyway.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... what does that have to do with the OP getting banned in 2021? I'm not saying your wrong, but that statement doesn't justify anything thats happening now that data isnt relevant anymore b/c we have stealthmode... meaning if the OP is using the sxos he would "have" stealthmode.
Stealth mode doesn't prevent from get a ban if there is dirty NAND and that why clean backup is necessary if used in sysnand. Nintendo has other way to catch you if go online with stealth mode, so that why users are recommended to add Atmosphere module as extra protection.

Nothing is foolproof.

Use incognito mode with emunand is a lot better than stealth mode.

Last edited by JeepX87,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stealth mode doesn't prevent from get a ban if there is dirty NAND and that why clean backup is necessary if used in sysnand. Nintendo has other way to catch you if go online with stealth mode, so that why users are recommended to add Atmosphere module as extra protection.

Nothing is foolproof.

Use incognito mode with emunand is a lot better than stealth mode.
Ok im just gonna end it here. Your missing the key points of the sxos, or just dodging info.
Sxos alone will not let you online b/c the FW is too low to even send our data to Nintendo lol. So stealthmode on or not wouldn't even matter. It was big deal back then b/c sxos was supporting the current FW's which ppl got themselves ban going online with. Thats no longer an issue today.

Honestly I think Ive been an argument like this before hell It might have been you b/c it was a complete wast of time telling me how Nintendo can see whats on your SD card like maleware even if we had stealthmode or 90DNS, so Im not going to bother with that crazy theory. I have yet to see anyone got banned with 90DNS.
btw Mike Heskin despises the sxos ever since they made emmuand before atmosphere

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok im just gonna end it here. Your missing the key points of the sxos, or just dodging info.
Sxos alone will not let you online b/c the FW is too low to even send our data to Nintendo lol. So stealthmode on or not wouldn't even matter. It was big deal back then b/c sxos was supporting the current FW's which ppl got themselves ban going online with. Thats no longer an issue today.

Honestly I think Ive been an argument like this before hell It might have been you b/c it was a complete wast of time telling me how Nintendo can see whats on your SD card like maleware even if we had stealthmode or 90DNS, so Im not going to bother with that crazy theory. I have yet to see anyone got banned with 90DNS.
btw Mike Heskin despises the sxos ever since they made emmuand before atmosphere
I just responded about what you asked and you didn't say about SX users won't able to connect to online that how I didn't understand, so I didn't know about this part until you said above.

Let leave SX OS part out and use Atmosphere will not prevent the ban completely, but just reduce the risk greatly, so some members aren't lucky and go online raise the risk.

I didn't say about SD card at all so it wasn't mine. *shrugs*
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/page-238#post-9653158

Not sure why your tagged either. it wasn't necessary. I don't play ACHN so I wouldn't know, but I have hacked my Switch since 2018 so I know the basics of bans.

The fact is its not a game ban so an anti-cheat is ruled out. The said person got his switch banned using a pirated copy b/c how else would his switch get banned if thats the only game hes been playing? Theres alot of newbies hacking their switch lately so I wouldn't be suprise if that were the case.
@Mods please clean up further comments on the next page theres alot of inaccurate off-topic bickering
You mentioned my name in your post #14 that lead me to reply your post and I had to tag someone with experience in ACNH because you told me that I'm wrong.

I didn't expect to debate with you about this matter. If you don't want me to reply so don't mention my name please.

Let move on and end it.

Last edited by JeepX87,

kuok3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like he used a pirated copy of the game and went online with it if his switch got banned. B/c if it were just a game ban then thats usually by an anti-cheat which isn't the case here
All my games are legit, I do plan on going online with CFW.

I've only ever used homebrew to save edit.

kuok3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't expecting to be tagged here but ill answer.

So myself along with several other people have been playing online with cheats and modding on animal crossing since its launch with no issues.

Like what was mentioned before if you have blatantly modified modified your map contents or items and have that available for people to view and report then ypu could recieve a ban but only a game ban not a switch ban.

But just straight up using your cheats for bells or whatever or even save editing will not cause this.

The other thing that will immediately cause a ban is if you have ANY nsp/xci pirated content installed and your console connects online.

I've been using my custom firmware online for a few years already and own all my games.

Infact i actively use cheats on peoples islands all the time. Look at all these ACNH streamers with treasure islands using the ram editing apps to keep the island perfect. They would be banned as it is editing the save data but alas they arent.

Unfortunately i cant speak to how you got console banned but ACNH is pretty much guaranteed to not be the case.

This is highly incorrect :) dont listen to MasterJ. But yes any pirated content doesnt matter what it is even if its tinfoil nsp installed. Will cause you a console ban.

There is some games with which you can be banned for save editing but they cause game bans not console bans and ACNH isnt one of them (unless like i mentioned you get reported for having an illegal map).
Hello, I'm not using any pirated software on my switch. All my games are legal and have been purchased.

I don't know if you use the villager editor or map editor but I only got banned after editing the value of some tiles on my map (and even screwed up the placement of my stores) . I was fine for the first week when adding villagers/bells/nookmiles. But since I'm unable to narrow down when my switch was banned (I leave my switch docked and maybe it stayed connected to the wifi), I was banned after editing my map. It had really scuffed tiles like this and I'm not sure if this is enough to warrant a ban.

I attached a screenshot of one thing i screwed up on while editing.

Attachments

• unknown (3).png
    unknown (3).png
    2.4 MB · Views: 48

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm not using any pirated software on my switch. All my games are legal and have been purchased.

I don't know if you use the villager editor or map editor but I only got banned after editing the value of some tiles on my map (and even screwed up the placement of my stores) . I was fine for the first week when adding villagers/bells/nookmiles. But since I'm unable to narrow down when my switch was banned (I leave my switch docked and maybe it stayed connected to the wifi), I was banned after editing my map. It had really scuffed tiles like this and I'm not sure if this is enough to warrant a ban.

Official Nintendo games kinda have some anti-cheat depending on the edit. I've edited my AC save online and never got banned. I only did like inventory edit and villager swap. No map modification. It must be the map editor that got you banned.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The map editor is reserved for experienced users and I don't recommend anyone to use map editor if they aren't familiar with this tool, so it is very complicated and it took a lot of work to make a desired map without any issues.

If there is problem or conflict with map, it is possible that game sent data to Nintendo without your knowledge. It is recommended that you test the map completely offline. Go online with ACNH and CFW in Switch can increase the ban risk that lead to surprise, unlucky ban, even if you followed the protocol to prevent from getting banned.

One of member used map editor and didn't get a ban but it is possible that Nintendo changed the game via update.

I believe that NHSE developers may need to look at map editor and all related to ban.

It is safe to modify the bells, add items, change the airport color, change the fruit on island, unlock the Sanrio stuffs, inject the villagers, unlock all achievements, get all DIY, change in pocket and storage and other more, exception of map editor. If you want to upload your map via Dream Suite so you need to check to ensure that nothing is illegal on your island. I used this and haven't get a ban at all.

Reactions: kuok3

kuok3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The map editor is reserved for experienced users and I don't recommend anyone to use map editor if they aren't familiar with this tool, so it is very complicated and it took a lot of work to make a desired map without any issues.

If there is problem or conflict with map, it is possible that game sent data to Nintendo without your knowledge. It is recommended that you test the map completely offline. Go online with ACNH and CFW in Switch can increase the ban risk that lead to surprise, unlucky ban, even if you followed the protocol to prevent from getting banned.

One of member used map editor and didn't get a ban but it is possible that Nintendo changed the game via update.

I believe that NHSE developers may need to look at map editor and all related to ban.

It is safe to modify the bells, add items, change the airport color, change the fruit on island, unlock the Sanrio stuffs, inject the villagers, unlock all achievements, get all DIY, change in pocket and storage and other more, exception of map editor. If you want to upload your map via Dream Suite so you need to check to ensure that nothing is illegal on your island. I used this and haven't get a ban at all.
Thank you so much for the list, I'll keep this in mind in the future.

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have been using map editor for a long time, it isnt the easiest thing in the world, but some stuff can be easily done, and with a little bit research.
I havent been banned for using map editor, i even had map crashes from the game, and data errors because the game doesnt recognize the island as my own save, and i wasnt banned.
If you want maybe keeping both consoles would be a good idea, keep the banned one for island tests, and send to the new switch via island transfer tool (wich is legal)

Reactions: kuok3

kuok3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using map editor for a long time, it isnt the easiest thing in the world, but some stuff can be easily done, and with a little bit research.
I havent been banned for using map editor, i even had map crashes from the game, and data errors because the game doesnt recognize the island as my own save, and i wasnt banned.
If you want maybe keeping both consoles would be a good idea, keep the banned one for island tests, and send to the new switch via island transfer tool (wich is legal)
I'll keep this in mind, I do think that somewhere along the lines I made a mistake but I'm unsure of what and that's what bugs me.

I guess as long as the island works and I transfer it 'legally' using the island transfer tool i shouldn't get banned right?

If i had an illegal item that was on a tree, and then transferred it via island transfer this would warrant a game ban not a console ban right?

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll keep this in mind, I do think that somewhere along the lines I made a mistake but I'm unsure of what and that's what bugs me.

I guess as long as the island works and I transfer it 'legally' using the island transfer tool i shouldn't get banned right?

If i had an illegal item that was on a tree, and then transferred it via island transfer this would warrant a game ban not a console ban right?
Even if you have an ilegal tree you wont be banned, and at most it would be console ban, not account.
And its safe using the island transfer tool.

I knew of someone who was banned for trash talk on fornite, so even a legal console isnt safe

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi gbatemp community,

What is the probability of getting ban if I boot to sysnand with atm and using Checkpoint or other save manager homebrew? No installing game, just checkpoint alone. Is there anyone here that did the same thing and got banned or better yet, still safe.

Thank you for reading
If it's a single player game that does not talk to Nintendo, maybe never get banned.

or a single player game with multiplayer "sometimes" like Pokemon or Animal crossing as example, maybe only if it's done while not talking to Nintendo servers?

Truth is we don't all know what causes a ban, many do some things once and get banned, some do the same thing all the time and never get banned. We don't know if the peeps are being honest about why they got banned.

I do assume if you pirate games, and then try to play online with it, connect to Nintendo's servers, they will know right away that you did not buy that game, or have the cart for it, and you are more than likely gonna get banned.

Also I'd assume if you give yourself an unfair advantage in a live multiplayer game you'd most likely be banned as well.

I've been running CFW on SYSNAND for a long ass time now, And i've never been banned. I use cheats in games like BOTW, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Doom Eternal, and never got banned. Tho I've never pirated a game, all my games I bought on E-Shop. I'm not even blocking the DNS for Nintendo servers, I go on E-Shop all the time on my CFW switch.

TBH, Maybe some of us are just lucky or something. cause bans always seem a bit random!

But in the end, If you don't wanna risk being banned, don't connect to the internet on your switch, and if you do go online, make sure to block the Nintendo servers. Thing is we don't know what Nintendo is looking for when they ban peeps, if you don't want to risk it, don't use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...