What is the probability of getting ban using checkpoint and other save manager hb?

DevilzCY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi gbatemp community,

What is the probability of getting ban if I boot to sysnand with atm and using Checkpoint or other save manager homebrew? No installing game, just checkpoint alone. Is there anyone here that did the same thing and got banned or better yet, still safe.

Thank you for reading

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi gbatemp community,

What is the probability of getting ban if I boot to sysnand with atm and using Checkpoint or other save manager homebrew? No installing game, just checkpoint alone. Is there anyone here that did the same thing and got banned or better yet, still safe.

Thank you for reading
You won't get banned just for launching atmos on sysnand and using homebrew with title redirection. You can pretty much safely back up your saves if that is what you want.

Reactions: DevilzCY

DevilzCY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You won't get banned just for launching atmos on sysnand and using homebrew with title redirection. You can pretty much safely back up your saves if that is what you want.
Thank you so much for your time and clarification. I appreciate it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi gbatemp community,

Thank you for reading
I don't know what that other person is talking about but there is absolutely a risk booting Atmosphere and Checkpoint to dump your saves. Nobody can calculate that risk but it is greater than 0%. We have a dedicated banning thread after all.

lolman9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So long as you use legit titles, you still have a nonzero chance of being banned, but if you pirate your titles, that chance skyrockets. Another factor is a modded pfp, or cheating online. Just to put that thread in lamen's terms

DevilzCY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you all for your opinions. In general, it always a yes there is a chance of banning for modding. I was hoping to have some personal experiences. I'm sure there are people who only mod for homebrew and got banned or not.
Anyway, I really appreciate your input.

SirKira001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, by JUST BOOTING INTO ATMOSPHERE you won't get banned, I do that to use visual mods in smash, but i don't know about checkpoint, i wanna know too to use a save from a Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memories NSP to get Dearly Beloved in smash tbh

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
to add to this thread, be also aware that on the subject of backuping saves, some game have save tempering mesures (this can be as simple as restoring a non modified previous save) that can get you banned, its generally happen in first party games with a serious online component like splatoon or pokemon and stuff like that, and those can get you totally banned, not just from the specific game

also a general recompendation is to do all of that in airplane mode in the first place

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Editing your own pokemon saves is fine actually I do it all the time using pkhex to gen legal/Event pokemon. Highly competitive games like Smash bros, Splatoon, Mario Kart and /edit: NOT Animal Crossing have an anit-cheat that can get you ban from that game's online options. But honestly if you are worried about bans using simple homebrew then its probably best to no hack the switch at all if you still care about playing online.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very low risk if you did this but if you install NSP on sysnand without clean backup and incognito mode, so ban chance is absolutely 100% after goes online.

If you want to install NSP - do it in emunand with incognito mode.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Editing your own pokemon saves is fine actually I do it all the time using pkhex to gen legal/Event pokemon. Highly competitive games like Smash bros, Splatoon, Mario Kart and Animal Crossing have an anit-cheat that can get you ban from that game's online options. But honestly if you are worried about bans using simple homebrew then its probably best to no hack the switch at all if you still care about playing online.
Animal Crossing doesn't have anti-cheat but map with illegal contents in Dream Suite will be deleted, so that is far as I know.

Note: Hi moderators, I'm sorry for double post and it didn't merged automatically.

kuok3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing doesn't have anti-cheat but map with illegal contents in Dream Suite will be deleted, so that is far as I know.

Note: Hi moderators, I'm sorry for double post and it didn't merged automatically.
Hi, by any chance do you know anything else that causes bans from Animal Crossing?

My switch was recently banned but the only game I played was ACNH. Pretty bummed out cuz I only modded bells added all DIYs and i'm not sure how to deduce what causes bans and what doesn't.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, by any chance do you know anything else that causes bans from Animal Crossing?

My switch was recently banned but the only game I played was ACNH. Pretty bummed out cuz I only modded bells added all DIYs and i'm not sure how to deduce what causes bans and what doesn't.
Any form of sav editing will prompt a ban in ACNH. Unless you went online with a pirated copy or in cfw, then Jeep was clearly wrong

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1) Did you use SX OS?

2) Did you install NSP?

3) Did you use LayeredFS?

4) Got suspicious error codes?

5) run the CFW online?

6) Clear the logs?

Please give full detail about what you did with Switch.

I edited my ACNH save and haven't get banned after 1.5 years, even went online with friends many times.

Any form of sav editing will prompt a ban in ACNH. Unless you went online with a pirated copy or in cfw, then Jeep was clearly wrong
No, unlike Smash and Splatoon, ACNH doesn't have anti-cheating built-in and this member said that her/his Switch console is banned, not in game ban. There are many people used save editor for ACNH and haven't get a ban at all.

If you think that I'm wrong, so I'm going to tag @SkyQueen and @Xjackio and @ELY_M to give their experiences with ACNH.

There is a lot of other way to get Switch banned, so run the SX OS is one of them.

Last edited by JeepX87,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Did you use SX OS?

2) Did you install NSP?

5) run the CFW online?

I edited my ACNH save and haven't get banned after 1.5 years, even went online with friends many times.

No, unlike Smash and Splatoon, ACNH doesn't have anti-cheating built-in and this member said that her/his Switch console is banned, not in game ban. There are many people used save editor for ACNH and haven't get a ban at all.

If you think that I'm wrong, so I'm going to tag @SkyQueen and @Xjackio and @ELY_M to give their experiences with ACNH.

There is a lot of other way to get Switch banned, so run the SX OS is one of them.
Using sxos has nothing to do with getting banned, it has a built in stealth mode thats similar to 90DNS
2) 3) and 4) are all tied to using cfw online lots of ppl including me install nsp's but arent banned either
Most of the time ppl tend to report they are banned, but can be abit embarrassed to give us full info on what happen

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1) Did you use SX OS?

2) Did you install NSP?

5) run the CFW online?

Im usualy on acnh post bc thats the game i use mostly on my switch. I started going online with cfw like 4 monts after the game release, ans since then i have modded my game in many ways.
Im also try to answer many acnh mod question. And so far i have been safe.
But i know that having a mod switch could get me banned in the future.
Maybe a pokemon save or a pokemon got you banned, bc it was released the rom before the official game came out

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like he used a pirated copy of the game and went online with it if his switch got banned. B/c if it were just a game ban then thats usually by an anti-cheat which isn't the case here

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Wasn't expecting to be tagged here but ill answer.

So myself along with several other people have been playing online with cheats and modding on animal crossing since its launch with no issues.

Like what was mentioned before if you have blatantly modified modified your map contents or items and have that available for people to view and report then ypu could recieve a ban but only a game ban not a switch ban.

But just straight up using your cheats for bells or whatever or even save editing will not cause this.

The other thing that will immediately cause a ban is if you have ANY nsp/xci pirated content installed and your console connects online.

I've been using my custom firmware online for a few years already and own all my games.

Infact i actively use cheats on peoples islands all the time. Look at all these ACNH streamers with treasure islands using the ram editing apps to keep the island perfect. They would be banned as it is editing the save data but alas they arent.

Unfortunately i cant speak to how you got console banned but ACNH is pretty much guaranteed to not be the case.
This is highly incorrect :) dont listen to MasterJ. But yes any pirated content doesnt matter what it is even if its tinfoil nsp installed. Will cause you a console ban.

There is some games with which you can be banned for save editing but they cause game bans not console bans and ACNH isnt one of them (unless like i mentioned you get reported for having an illegal map).

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't expecting to be tagged here but ill answer.

So myself along with several other people have been playing online with cheats and modding on animal crossing since its launch with no issues.

Like what was mentioned before if you have blatantly modified modified your map contents or items and have that available for people to view and report then ypu could recieve a ban but only a game ban not a switch ban.

But just straight up using your cheats for bells or whatever or even save editing will not cause this.

The other thing that will immediately cause a ban is if you have ANY nsp/xci pirated content installed and your console connects online.

I've been using my custom firmware online for a few years already and own all my games.

Infact i actively use cheats on peoples islands all the time. Look at all these ACNH streamers with treasure islands using the ram editing apps to keep the island perfect. They would be banned as it is editing the save data but alas they arent.

Unfortunately i cant speak to how you got console banned but ACNH is pretty much guaranteed to not be the case.

This is highly incorrect :) dont listen to MasterJ. But yes any pirated content doesnt matter what it is even if its tinfoil nsp installed. Will cause you a console ban.

There is some games with which you can be banned for save editing but they cause game bans not console bans and ACNH isnt one of them (unless like i mentioned you get reported for having an illegal map).
Not sure why your tagged either. it wasn't necessary. I don't play ACHN so I wouldn't know, but I have hacked my Switch since 2018 so I know the basics of bans.

The fact is its not a game ban so an anti-cheat is ruled out. The said person got his switch banned using a pirated copy b/c how else would his switch get banned if thats the only game hes been playing? Theres alot of newbies hacking their switch lately so I wouldn't be suprise if that were the case.
@Mods please clean up further comments on the next page theres alot of inaccurate off-topic bickering

Last edited by MasterJ360,
Reactions: OblivionReign

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.