Hacking What is the possibility of ps2 on vita?

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno why you guys are having problems. I'm using Ubuntu and PCSX2 1.4.0, so dunno if that has anything to do with it or not. I play JRPG's and such mostly, so dunno why everything's slow for you guys. maybe platformers just have to render more...? dunno. also, just noticed that in my last post I said I had 4GB of ram, but I recently upgraded to 6GB of Ram. sorry about that. I'm so used to typing 4GB it's a force of habit I guess.

Reactions: Raylight

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, technically, the only way to get ps2 games on psvita is to find someone that reverse engine a ps2 game and then convert ot vita? :D Even if this would be extremely hard, but its possible, right?
At least i hope for a GC emulator. Maybe vita cant handle it well but GC is more simply than ps2 i guess

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, technically, the only way to get ps2 games on psvita is to find someone that reverse engine a ps2 game and then convert ot vita? :D Even if this would be extremely hard, but its possible, right?
At least i hope for a GC emulator. Maybe vita cant handle it well but GC is more simply than ps2 i guess

1) You would need all the source code before beginning to port the game.

2) We already have ports of Sly, Jack & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank collections which are all PS2 games, we even have ports of PS3 games such as Sly Cooper Thieves in Time and Playstatyion All Star Battle Royal and even Borderlands 2 (heavily downgraded tho).

Of course they all come from official devs who had all the source code, necessary tools to port them and were paid to do so, so having someone do that on their spare time without getting paid and not having any proper tools to work with... Not gonna happen...

Yeah, not gamecube emulation for ya neither...

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Even just about a desktop I5 which has probably approximately 20x performance per core) and optimized code with dynarec with decent external GPU can just about manage PS2. The answer is No (Unless 1fps or so)

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Dreamcast emulation on pc isn't too good so good luck getting it to run on a ps vita.

Tbh it depends on your Rigg but Shenmue 1+2 run great on pc for me not to mention on Reciast via android too!

But shenmue on a handheld device would be something else. Maybe bring some of the shenmue mods over.

But only time will tell.

Reactions: Awsder33

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Dreamcast emulation on pc isn't too good so good luck getting it to run on a ps vita.
Dreamcast on Android, on the other hand, works fairly well so it's more than likely it'll work nearly as good on the Vita.

Check out Reicast, it's compatibility list is constantly growing and quite a few games are playable now. And IIRC the dev even made a twitter post about how he might port it to the Vita, so there's that too.

Reactions: cvskid

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Issue is that each single core on vita runs at max 444mhz or so compared to a typical android device that runs at not only 1.5ghz+ but has more efficient architecture (cortex a17, krait etc) If most of the emulation is GPU dependent rather than CPU dependant than perhaps some reasonable speed can be achieved.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
PS2 emulation is quite tricky due to its hardware structure and as was pointed out earlier the games we have are ports and not just ISOs in a wrapper. Never say never but it seems the Vita isn't powerful enough.

Dreamcast on the other hand should be emulated perfectly and can you imagine how vibrant it will look on that OLED screen plus finally having decent control inputs? Woot.

Null-project

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dreamcast on Android, on the other hand, works fairly well so it's more than likely it'll work nearly as good on the Vita.

Check out Reicast, it's compatibility list is constantly growing and quite a few games are playable now. And IIRC the dev even made a twitter post about how he might port it to the Vita, so there's that too.
Do they still update the android bulid?

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Definitely no, both cases. That won't even happen on this century.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Definitely no, both cases. That won't even happen on this century.
Maybe someone will discover that the actual ps2 remastered on psvita are conversion and secretly psvita have same compatibility for ps2 games as psp have with ps1 :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse