Hacking What is the point of Hekate ? I inject the atmopshere payload directly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this cause any problems ?

What I have done is just inject the atmopshere payload, and ignored Hekate. I have no use for it.

Then I installed my mario kart nsp. What problems could occur ?

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depends entirely what your goals are. If you want to directly boot into Atmo that is fine if that is your goal. Hekate can accomplish many things like NAND back-up/restore, emuMMC setup, and some other tools.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally recommend fusee-primary for strict Atmosphere usage. Among other reasons, it simplifies the process and is updated with support for newer Switch system versions far sooner than Hekate.

That being said, Hekate has a lot of features that fusee-primary does not. If you're wanting to backup and/or restore your NAND, for example, you should use Hekate.

Reactions: Spadezilla

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hekate is a custom switch boot loader that comes with many nifty features. Linux chainloading NAND backup/restore fuse checks and more among other things.
In a similar fashion Hekate works like custom recoveries do on android phones, namely like TWRP, CWM etc.
Like Lacius stated. if you simply wish to use atmosphere without hekate you can do so just fine by launching the CFW by atmosphere's default fuse primary side of things.
However if you are in need of backing up NANDs/restoring them or or you simply wish to launch Linux you'll need to access hekate first. T doesn't hurt to have a hekate payload on your SD card really in case you'll make use of it in the future.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I personally recommend fusee-primary for strict Atmosphere usage. Among other reasons, it simplifies the process and is updated with support for newer Switch system versions far sooner than Hekate.

That being said, Hekate has a lot of features that fusee-primary does not. If you're wanting to backup and/or restore your NAND, for example, you should use Hekate.
I guess that launching fusee-primary.bin via hekate is the same as injecting fusee-primary, right?

Reactions: NoNAND

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that launching fusee-primary.bin via hekate is the same as injecting fusee-primary, right?
If you're launching fusee-primary.bin via Hekate, it can be virtually the same thing, yes. This is my recommendation for modchip users, for example, who want to strictly launch Atmosphere.

If you're using something like Kosmos, however, you're not going to get a clean fusee-primary launch.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If you're launching fusee-primary.bin via Hekate, it can be virtually the same thing, yes. This is my recommendation for modchip users, for example, who want to strictly launch Atmosphere.

If you're using something like Kosmos, however, you're not going to get a clean fusee-primary launch.
That's what I meant. Thanks.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am not using Kosmos I don't think ??

I think I only have atmosphere, and then I inject the fusee primary payload from TegraRCM

Does this make sense ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs