Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im not talking to those who owns a 2ds... you made the right choice
Why? Because i have an o3ds and a n3dsxl and i realised something

Less and less first party game has 3d support
I downloaded a few recent game lately with freeshop and none of them support 3d
So i ask... is there a point in owning a 3d instead of a 2ds?
New buyers, dont waste your money on 3ds. Go for a 2ds

Reactions: ThoD

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Because i have an o3ds and a n3dsxl and i realised something

Less and less first party game has 3d support
I downloaded a few recent game lately with freeshop and none of them support 3d
So i ask... is there a point in owning a 3d instead of a 2ds?
New buyers, dont waste your money on 3ds. Go for a 2ds
a lot of people just buy it to get cfw

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be honest i was impressed with the console when it was first announced, even its eye killing 3d on the launch models, i still liked it, but then it became the usual nintendo console that lacked.

the only reason i got another 3ds was when gateway came out, and set out to make codes, not that i physically played the games i simply did to make codes but again majority of the games the 3ds had were basic shovelware apps.

then when the usual happens, people/sites start stealing your codes and taking credit for them i stopped making codes and since then the 3ds has joined the other nintendo consoles sat in storage doing nothing.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have a 2DS for that exact reason, 3D is hardly ever used in games! Also, I can't really see the 3D (I'm one of those people who see the layers instead), so it just hurts my eyes. The 3D is just a waste of money, you pay like 50€ for something you hardly ever use and the mono sound isn't bad at all anyway, so it's really not worth getting a 3DS over a 2DS.:P

Reactions: Kioku and Seriel

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
theres lots of things like playing rom hacks of 3ds games piracy if you want to do that ability to stream screen to pc play games with any controller
You can do all that on a 2ds also. The only real difference is the 3d capability

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You can do all that on a 2ds also. The only real difference is the 3d capability
3D capability and a mono speaker over a dual one. The speaker though has great quality anyway and you can get dual channel audio with earphones/headphones anyway if you want that quality.

yeah i would say if you get a 3ds/2ds models are just preference
You don't seem to get the point of this thread. This thread is about how there's no reason to get a 3DS over a 2DS, not why you shouldn't get a 3DS line system (3DS,3DSXL,2DS,N3DS,N3DSXL,N2DSXL).

Reactions: Uumas

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
eh, it's a bit gimmicky, but i enjoy the feel of the build quality on the 3ds over the 2ds, 2ds feels cheap, 3ds feels like a proper high quality system imo
Proper high quality that breaks ten times easier:P 2DS is ridiculously sturdy, especially in it's case! Without the case, mine has fallen on the floor from like half to one meter height more than 20 times and I've fallen asleep right on top of it (I weight like 100Kg) and it still has no wear whatsoever or even scratches! Any 3DS would have broken with all that, especially with the flimsy clamshell. N2DS's clamshell joints are sturdier than N3DS's too, so overall, 2DS is better in my opinion in every way except for the "feel". Let's also not forget that for people with big hands like me, it's impossible to play for a long period of time on anything but the O2DS without getting cramps.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got my o3ds when it was the only option (Very close to original release), and my n3ds when the n2ds xl didn't exist (Plus I hate XL) sooo I guess that?
Also I'm one of those special people who can't see the 3D, if I had a choice at the time I would have got a 2DS.
But reasons for buying one nowadays? Apart from wanting New 3ds features without XL, there isn't one!

Reactions: siamese and ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I got my o3ds when it was the only option (Very close to original release), and my n3ds when the n2ds xl didn't exist (Plus I hate XL) sooo I guess that?
Also I'm one of those special people who can't see the 3D, if I had a choice at the time I would have got a 2DS.
But reasons for buying one nowadays? Apart from wanting New 3ds features without XL, there isn't one!
I'm too one of those people who can't see the 3D, but how does it look like to you? I just see the multiple separate layers and it's annoying... Do you see it as one picture or are like me for example?

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

nope 2ds SUCKS !!! its a size thing, you know?

Nintendo-2DS-vs-3DS-XL-small.jpg

if you meant N2DSXL it stills sucks, where I live its cheaper to buy a o3ds, even a new one costs half of N2DSXL price, so no contest

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if you meant N2DSXL it stills sucks, where I live its cheaper to buy a o3ds, even a new one costs half of N2DSXL price, so no contest
because they are likely used, as far as I know, o3ds are in low demand and they arn't even made anymore I think I heard

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

You are LITERALLY comparing an O2DS to and O3DSXL, OF COURSE the XL will be bigger!:/ Also, compare N2DSXL and N3DSXL, don't compare N2DSXL and O3DS... There's no reason to pair them up however you want over the actual pairing.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm too one of those people who can't see the 3D, but how does it look like to you? I just see the multiple separate layers and it's annoying... Do you see it as one picture or are like me for example?
Most of the time it's just two separate images that try to overlap but don't quite.
If I understand the 3D correctly, each "layer" is supposed to go to a separate eye, I assume the reason it doesn't work for me is because my eyesight in my left eye is reeeallllyyy bad and the right isn't so good either, but like most stuff it all goes to the right eye and huzzah multiple images.
(I could easily be wrong, this is what I've assumed based off what I've heard)

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me both the 2DS and n2DS feel a lot cheaper to me than the 3DS models, and I really do like the 3D gimmick sometimes, for some games like Super Mario 3D Land it legitimately adds to the experience, and while not many games made such good use of it I just enjoy the effect regardless when it's done well.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Most of the time it's just two separate images that try to overlap but don't quite.
If I understand the 3D correctly, each "layer" is supposed to go to a separate eye, I assume the reason it doesn't work for me is because my eyesight in my left eye is reeeallllyyy bad and the right isn't so good either, but like most stuff it all goes to the right eye and huzzah multiple images.
(I could easily be wrong, this is what I've assumed based off what I've heard)
I see them the same, but I can tell them apart. However that overlapping is unbearable, I can't take it for more than 10 seconds or so! I prefer normal 3DS by a HUGE margin! My eyesight is pretty good btw, it's about how your brain functions, not how good your eyesight is, although it can play a small part.:P But yeah, if the focus in one eye is even a little better, then you see the separate images and it makes you question why you bought it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn