Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the quality is not that bad

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I guess the old 2DS is more suited for a younger generation of gamer. I prefer playing gba games with my 2DS over the N3DS Model.
Some much Nostalgia. :lol: It reminds me of the good old times with the Silver Gameboy Advance Special Edition released in November 2002.
Man, I regret selling that thing. :mellow:
i have it lying round here

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I guess the old 2DS is more suited for a younger generation of gamer. I prefer playing gba games with my 2DS over the N3DS Model.
Some much Nostalgia. :lol: It reminds me of the good old times with the Silver Gameboy Advance Special Edition released in November 2002.
Man, I regret selling that thing. :mellow:

Well, yeah, nostalgia is always a big factor. Tbh i never played GBA games on my new console, so i can say much.

Again, it comes to a preference factor. There is a point on getting a 3DS and there are good points for getting a N2DS.

the quality is not that bad

I didnt say is bad, im saying that the N3DS XL/3DS XL has better build quality. I think we can all agree with that.

Last edited by alexj9626,

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
and one thing my hands grew a bit....N3DS became too small and i only had 170 Euro (N2DS XL was 159.99 Euro)

Yeh, i use to have a O3DS, got a N3DS XL for 100$ (1 month old, best deal ever) and im never coming back. Big models are great and in your case, for that price, getting a N2DS is 100% worth it.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just bought the Pokeball themed 2dsxl and it feels a lot cheaper than my other 3ds's. The speaker is bad, too. It's not just lower, the sound is tinny.

It's still cool, though.
What if you use earphones?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Then you bought it cause you liked the design, cause if you dont use the 3D, you can turn it off. What im trying to say is that the point of getting a console, any console, is to play games. What model? Then we can talk about preference, but there is not one thing that a 3DS cant do and the 2DS can. Only thing i can see is price, but that is related to build quality and for me the N2DS build quality is not even close to the N3DSXL, so is worth getting one.
I see people like this a lot, saying that the 2DS has worse build quality when it's exactly the same. Just because they put thinner plastic and metallic coat of paint, doesn't make it better quality. Inside, the quality is the exact same and that's what matters! Also, the lack of 3D saves processing power and battery, so that's another positive. If you push the processors to 100%, the 2DS one will be better by about 5%, nothing important, but you will get less crashes when that comes in play (rg: in homebrew and some NTR stuff getting less ARM11/9 errors and crashes). It's literally the very same thing as judging a book by it's cover and you know what they say about that!:P I do agree that the sound is considerably worse in the N2DS, but in the O2DS the sound is surprisingly good, both can get perfect with earphones/headphones though!

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yea well, what do you do when you finish a game?
Answer, you buy a new one
you do realise there are year's worth of games that use 3D, right? besides the 2DS doesnt have the extra power of the new 3DS consoles and the new 2DS XL is built and designed like a PSP 1000 (incase you dont know what i mean, that means its shit, just so you know, the new 2DS XL's speakers are on the lower part's sides and get blocked by your hands)

D

Deleted User

you do realise there are year's worth of games that use 3D, right? besides the 2DS doesnt have the extra power of the new 3DS consoles and the new 2DS XL is built and designed like a PSP 1000 (incase you dont know what i mean, that means its shit, just so you know, the new 2DS XL's speakers are on the lower part's sides and get blocked by your hands)
I wouldn´t go as far as calling the New 2DS shit, but it definetly feels more fragile than the previous 3DS.

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a 2DSxl and have no regrets. It's lighter and feels better in my hands. The buttons feel better to.
The 3D option hurt my eyes therefor is useless to me. I'm just going to give my 3DS to my GF so she can have a homebrewed system and keep her system on stock.

Reactions: ThoD

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I see people like this a lot, saying that the 2DS has worse build quality when it's exactly the same. Just because they put thinner plastic and metallic coat of paint, doesn't make it better quality. Inside, the quality is the exact same and that's what matters! Also, the lack of 3D saves processing power and battery, so that's another positive. If you push the processors to 100%, the 2DS one will be better by about 5%, nothing important, but you will get less crashes when that comes in play (rg: in homebrew and some NTR stuff getting less ARM11/9 errors and crashes). It's literally the very same thing as judging a book by it's cover and you know what they say about that!:P I do agree that the sound is considerably worse in the N2DS, but in the O2DS the sound is surprisingly good, both can get perfect with earphones/headphones though!

Tbh i dont know about the power on the 2DS, but saying that its the same build quality as the 3DS is not true. Is just worse. Not saying is bad, but is worse than the N3DS XL. You are talking about "inside" and thats not what we/im saying.

Thinner is just an example of worse build quality. Is not as sturdy as a N3DS, its surface is a lot more prone to scratches. It just feel like cheap plastic.

Again, im not saying is bad, but the N3DS is better.

Navonod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh i dont know about the power on the 2DS, but saying that its the same build quality as the 3DS is not true. Is just worse. Not saying is bad, but is worse than the N3DS XL. You are talking about "inside" and thats not what we/im saying.

Thinner is just an example of worse build quality. Is not as sturdy as a N3DS, its surface is a lot more prone to scratches. It just feel like cheap plastic.

Even if it's as bad as you think it is, as long as you take care of it then it should be fine.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Even if it's as bad as you think it is, as long as you take care of it then it should be fine.

Of course, better quality doesnt mean you shouldnt take care of it. I have a N3DS XL and it has covers, screen protectors, etc.

N2DS cost 150$, for that price i would take care of it! Specially knowing how prone to damage it is.

Navonod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, better quality doesnt mean you shouldnt take care of it. I have a N3DS XL and it has covers, screen protectors, etc.

N2DS cost 150$, for that price i would take care of it! Specially knowing how prone to damage it is.
I feel like if you drop both systems from the same height they will receive the same damage. I've seen a 3DS drop and shatter. So I'm not quite sure why you're trying to argue about quality when the N3DS might be just a little bit sturdier.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

If thinner is an example of worse build quality, then the 2DS has better build quality since it has thicker case, making it sturdier:P And at least for the O2DS, it doesn't get scratches unless you intentionally shank it or something. Mine has fallen on a marble floor over 20 times and still doesn't have even a single scratch for example!

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Depends. If you're using earphones that are as bad the speakers, it'll still suck.
You can make your own earphones with just 50c and get great sound quality. The console has bad speakers, so pretty much any earphones will sound better:P Also, if you can find speakers with better quality and same specifications, you can just replace the ones that come with the system if you know your stuff.

djwyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is funny how people say the 2ds is more fragile or made out of cheaper material and so on. My kids after put their old 2ds (people said the same thing about) threw hell and back and it's still kicking. My n3ds xl that I dropped one time and one time only didn't survive. I will also point out that the plastic the 2 2dses are made out of feels to.me like the stuff nentendo has been using for years to build consoles and controllers out of and no one has ever claimed any of that was cheap... infact most things nentendo make are bullet proof...I know as a kid I put everything they made through hell. I have thrown snes controllers possibly stepped on them and so on. Now I am not saying they will hold up to nes/snes controller abuse but I find it laughable that people call them fragile compared to the 3ds just because they use a different plastic (again the style plastic nentendo has used before) a plastic that to me feels more suited to abuse than the stuff on the 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2 or not pay attention and still reply