What is the newest/best ADT mod these days?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by giantpune, Jan 4, 2010.

Jan 4, 2010
  1. giantpune
    OP

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i took some functions from any title deleter (red squirrel's database mod i think) a few months ago for use in another project and have since found room for improvement in them. specifically, i have changed them to be able to get the name of (i think) every title is it appears in the wii menu. so hopefully no more "unknown" will show up for official or homebrew channels, and no more database.txt. since there may be a channel you have on the NAND that is not the same as in the database.txt.

but i have no idea what the kids these days are using. i will put my changes in a ATD, but i dont want to use a outdated version. what is the newest, most fixed ATD version floating around that has source code with it to modify?

EDIT>>>>
    there are 2 flavors packed in here. one that just uses the highest IOS counting down from 36 and one that uses 249.

i also made it check the content and data folders for disc based games. if it only finds a title.tmd, it will put a tmd! by the name. this doesnt work for all IOSes, but works fine under 249 for me. This tmd is created just by playing a game. Even if you rent one and it never makes a save, you still get stuck with the TMD there, so now you will know. But please dont go deleting shit if you dont know what it is. This is just a helpful little addition.
    http://www.multiupload.com/Q64TUGMZ64
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    AnyTitle Deleter DB can read channel titles and database.txt

Although many people probably use ATD MOD

3. giantpune
    OP

United States
    yeah. it looks like thats the one i used when i took the functions. and its still using 00000000.app. which not all titles have. by adjusting this for each title instead of just trying the one number, you can be sure to get the right name.

is there not one that has gamecube controller support already? i remember using one like that on a wii once, but i may have just whipped it up for the occasion.

4. Dteyn

Member Dteyn GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I use ATD Mod v6b by redsquirrel because it's got the ability to choose the IOS to use. Older versions of ATD don't have that feature, they just default to IOS36 I believe.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the source is readily available, but perhaps redsquirrel will release it upon request?

5. wilsoff

Member wilsoff GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I use ATDdb, but only becuase it seems to have a better abilty to name things that aren't in the database.txt.

If you fixed ATDmod then I think I would use that since it does run under different IOSs (as mentioned above).

Looking at the edit histories on wiibrew:
    ATDdb last updated in March 2009
    ATDmod last updated in August 2009

GC controller support would be nice - a google search for "anytitle deleter gamecube controller" revealed this, but I haven't tested it:
    http://filetrip.net/g6835-Any-Title-Deleter-Mod.html

Thanks giantpune.

EDIT: You released 1 minute before I posted this. Will try it now. Thanks!

6. giantpune
    OP

United States
    also i made it look up the title it the language that the wii is set to, but in hindsight that might not be such a great idea because it doesnt handle wchar characters.

7. wilsoff

United States
    I've made an archive based on yours with an icon.png and meta.xml -
    http://www.multiupload.com/QUV43LYQUC

Would you mind if I updated the wiibrew with this file and the change log? I'll also try to contact MrClick to check if he has any objections.

Thanks.

8. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Did you try to run Any Title Deleter from bannerbomb and skipping IOS Reload and all the ES_Identify stuff? In theory it should work. I guess most people would love a basic ATD that does not do anything to sd card and does not require any IOS messing.

PS: I'm too lazy to try it myself

9. wilsoff

United States
    I want to put this in a channel. I tried your version and it code dumps on exit. I did a bit of reading (wii2600 source) and found the end of main.c should look like this:

Code:
    ÂÂÂÂ/* Outro */
    ÂÂÂÂprintf("\tThanks for playing!\n");
    ÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂmiscDeInit();
    ÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂif( !!*(u32*)0x80001800 ) 
    ÂÂÂÂ{
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Were we launched via HBC?
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂexit(1);
    ÂÂÂÂ}
    ÂÂÂÂelse
    ÂÂÂÂ{
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Wii channel support
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSYS_ResetSystem( SYS_RETURNTOMENU, 0, 0 );
    ÂÂÂÂ}

ÂÂÂÂreturn 0;
    }
    I edited your source and compiled it. Firstly, I get a couple of compile warnings:
    Code:
    c:/devkitprojects/anytitledeleterdb/source/patchmii_core.c:42: warning: 'tmdbuf' defined but not used
    c:/devkitprojects/anytitledeleterdb/source/patchmii_core.c:43: warning: 'tikbuf' defined but not used
    It still creates a .dol, but when I run it I get a couple of warnings about identifying. I assume these are related.

Any chance you could explain why yours works without warnings, or could you recompile with the channel friendly exit please?

Thanks.

10. giantpune
    OP

United States
    those warnings are fine. its just the compiler trying to be your nanny.

and it might be that you used a the version that used IOS249 that i compiled and it doesn't bitch about the identifying. you can test that by changing the ios reload at startup and see what you get.

also, why do you have !!? isn't that a double negative?

11. wilsoff

United States
    Thanks for your help so far.

Yeah, I was using your 249 version. But I thought that was also the version that I compiled.

At least that's what it says at line 457 in main.c:
    Code:
    int main(void) {
    ÂÂÂÂIOS_ReloadIOS(249);
    When you say it doesn't bitch about the identifying...
    a) is the issue just hidden/skipped
    b) is the issue resolved somehow in that version
    c) something else.

When you say try changing the ios reload at startup and see what you get.
    - how would I do that? Or am I already doing that with line 457 in main.c above?

I don't know why there's !! - I don't know much code, it's straight from wii2600. I've tested my dol and the exiting works as desired. If loaded from HBC then it exits to HBC, if loaded from a channel, it exits to the systemmenu.

EDIT: Sorry the messages I get are:

Code:
    Informing Wii that I am God...
    Initializing Filesystem driver...OK!
    Wiping off fingerprints...
    ÂÂÂÂ - Deleting ticket file /ticket/00000001/00000000.tik
    Ticket delete failed (No ticket?) -106
    ÂÂÂÂ - Deleting title file /ticket/00000001/00000000
    Errir! ISFS_Delete(ret -106)
    Loading database... Failed!!!

Checking system region...
    Error! ES_OpenContent (ret = -1017)
    then I have to press A to continue...

Code:
    Region detection failure! 0
    Conf region: 2
    then I have to press A to continue again and it loads

Your version has exactly the same messages up to and including "Checking system region..." but then it goes into ATD, whereas mine pops up with those additional error messages. Any ideas why my version does this and yours doesn't please?

12. giantpune
    OP

United States
    to load a different IOS, just change the 249 to 36. i just remembered - at one time, i changed the printf() to output to usb gecko, so that may be why you don't see it on the screen. im not sure if i changed it back or not. if you really care about that, you can probably take out that stuff completely. IOS249 has been hacked in a way so it can mess with the nand just fine. That's just needed for other IOS.

The stub removal code in dop-ios, i used the exact delete code from ATD, and it never does the identify stuff.

when HBC loads a program, it writes "STUBHAXX" to 0x80001800, so you are saying "if there is not not a value at the address 0x80001800..." it should work fine with both ! gone.

and you can try to put a "ISFS_Initialize();" after the IOS reload if you still get errors.

13. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Using !! is a common way to limit a value to 0 or 1. I don't really know why it's used here.

14. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Anyways, i wonder when someone will finally write an ATD that runs off bannerbomb and just skips all IOS Reload and Identify stuff. An ATD running off BootMii would be the best, but a lot more complicated.

15. giantpune
    OP

United States
    the functions are already there to make a ATD that runs with mini. its just the input and gfx that is lacking. i suppose somebody could do the cboot method to run ATD.

16. wilsoff

United States
    giantpune, thanks for your help, I took out the two keypress waits and now it's fine. I don't care about error messages as long as they don't signal real issues. I didn't want to press A twice every time I loaded it, but that's fix now. Thanks.