Gaming What is the most technically impressive Nintendo 3DS game you can think of?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As many people have said, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D has to be mentioned, and I second Mrrraou on the Senran Kagura games.

Metal Gear Solid 3D, while it runs at 20 fps (which drops fairly often), it's very existence on the 3DS is impressive to me.

Unimpressive: frame drops in Pokémon XY/ORAS.

NEEDING NEW 3DS TO PLAY SUPER NINTENDO VC GAMES
I don't think you understand just how much power is required for truly accurate emulation.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Resident Evil Revelaitions was really impressive. Quite a few capcom games are impressive looking on the 3ds.
Galaxy Force II has the most impressive 3D despite being a retro game.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to get murdered for this, but I'm going to have to say Super Mario 3D land

No... no... please... guys? Back off ok? LEt's... LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS! AHHHHHhhhhhHHhhhhhhhhhhh!

But in all seriousness, I have a very good reason for saying that: it is the only (good) 3DS game that I have played thus far that has actually made a good and logical use of the 3D settings for more than just being visually appealing. I actually think that the implementation in that game was VERY clever

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm going to get murdered for this, but I'm going to have to say Super Mario 3D land

But in all seriousness, I have a very good reason for saying that: it is the only (good) 3DS game that I have played thus far that has actually made a good and logical use of the 3D settings for more than just being visually appealing. I actually think that the implementation in that game was VERY clever
While I agree that Super Mario 3D Land had a good gameplay-oriented use of 3D visuals, I don't believe that makes it 'technically impressive'.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
You know what is not impressive?

NEEDING NEW 3DS TO PLAY SUPER NINTENDO VC GAMES

If you can port wii gams like donkey kong country returns 3d to o3ds, why nintendo? WHY!!!! Makes no sense.:hateit:

I seriously wish people would educate themselves as to what the 3DS can and can't do before jumping into assumptions like this.......

D

Deleted-379826

New super Mario world VC 3 good 5 o3ds, n3ds is swag GUIs!!!!1!1!1!!1111!B-)B-)B-)

Last edited by ,

ILoveUnity

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayman 3D, TLOZ: OT3D, TLOZ:MM3D, Super Mario 3D Land, 3D Lego games, MH games, Hyrule Warriors Legends, and Whack-A-Mania

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you understand just how much power is required for truly accurate emulation.
Does it really need to be accurate for casual use on the 3DS? VC emulators have never been known to be accurate anyway.
I seriously wish people would educate themselves as to what the 3DS can and can't do before jumping into assumptions like this.......
Homebrew SNES emulator works fine on O3DS

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does it really need to be accurate for casual use on the 3DS?
We're not talking about a free/piracy emulator here. Nintendo is a company; they sell things to hopefully turn a profit, they would only put up VC SNES games if they knew they ran perfectly. Maybe mediocrity is fine for you, but if I'm going to be spending money on a SNES game, I would want it to play on the 3DS as close to what it did on its original hardware.

VC emulators have never been known to be accurate anyway.
This is a joke, right?

Homebrew SNES emulator works fine on O3DS
While blargSNES doesn't have much difference in performance between O3DS and N3DS, if your idea of 'works fine' is to be lacking compatibility for much of the SNES' library and to have fairly commonplace graphical and sound glitches for games that are supported, then that's your issue.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're not talking about a free/piracy emulator here. Nintendo is a company; they sell things to hopefully turn a profit, they would only put up VC SNES games if they knew they ran perfectly. Maybe mediocrity is fine for you, but if I'm going to be spending money on a SNES game, I would want it to play on the 3DS as close to what it did on its original hardware.

This is a joke, right?

While blargSNES doesn't have much difference in performance between O3DS and N3DS, if your idea of 'works fine' is to be lacking compatibility for much of the SNES' library and to have fairly commonplace graphical and sound glitches for games that are supported, then that's your issue.
Remember the old days of injecting VC games for the Wii? It was difficult because each release had special "speedhacks" for the specific game the emulator was made for. Doesn't sound very accurate to me...

I also remember playing plenty of SNES games on my DS LITE.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Remember the old days of injecting VC games for the Wii? It was difficult because each release had special "speedhacks" for the specific game the emulator was made for. Doesn't sound very accurate to me...
How does 'making games run accurately' translate to 'doesn't sound very accurate' to you? And what would how VC injects run have to do with the accuracy of Nintendo's official VC releases?

I also remember playing plenty of SNES games on my DS LITE.
Good luck getting many games to run accurately at full speed with no graphical or audio glitches.

SNES VC games don't run on the O3DS for a reason. You can stick to blargSNES, or buy a N3DS; complaining about them not running on O3DS isn't going to change anything.

But, anyway, this is off-topic...

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's been said plenty already, but the Monster Hunter games are just amazing in terms of graphics. Nice smooth textures and animations, and it even manages to maintain a solid 60 fps most of the time, even while fighting. Capcom has been blowing my mind with handheld graphics since MH for the psp.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
RE: Revelations, MGS3D (despite the terrible, terrible FPS)... these kinds of games usually have more impressive graphics, too. Also, it's silly, but Lego Undercover something looks pretty good, too.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte