1. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

On the cutting room floor page of Kingdom Hearts, and by extension Kingdom Hearts - Final Mix -, it listed "The "Install" option has been removed again" in the "Differences between PS2 Final Mix and HD Remix 1.5 versions". What is this?

2. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The Playstation 2 B.B. Unit uses the hard drive that allows you to install a game so that you can choose to play with either the disc drive or the hard drive in which the unit allows for quicker loading/buffer times.

3. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

Thanks. That sounds really cool, I have no idea why I haven't heard of it before.

4. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Final Mix 1 and 2 was exclusive to Japan. Also, not many used the HDD except for maybe Final Fantasy 11. With Open PS2 Loader, the entire game can run from the HDD, making this Install option obsolete.

Deleted User likes this.
  5. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

I know everything about FM, I just didn't know the add-on existed.

6. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

United States
    Some games hid or removed the HDD option when localized. Including Xenosaga Episode 1, Capcom vs SNK 2, Dark Cloud 2, etc.

Although a hard drive was included with the Linux Kit, wide retail availability of the HDD was only for a short time in 2004. Final Fantasy 11 launched in America less than a year before the slim PS2 eliminated the drive bay.

zfreeman and Deleted User like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Kingdom, Install, Hearts