1. emigre

emigre i am a free i am not man a number

United Kingdom
    Full price. I work full time and after bills and savings, I have a decent amount of disposable income.

2. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

$19.99 CAD

And not a cent more.

3. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Thailand
  4. Logan97

Logan97 G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t

United States
    When I said "it speaks for itself" I meant, if its a big title, then I'll get it, but usually I spend 30 or 40 bucks on average games.

5. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    70. Because that's what I'm already paying for games.. fucking canadian dollar.

First it started with South Park being 72, then Lightning Returns at 73, same with Mario Kart 8.

Price doesn't really bug me as long as I'm still able to afford it, like if wages increase here in Canada, or other things become cheaper to just even it out.

Deleted_171835 likes this.
  6. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    $40 max, $60 is highway robbery in most cases.

7. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Ironically enough, since nintendo games barely drop in price over weeks, months and even years, I often spend the most on those games. But even then, 50€ is about the maximum (the 60 for mario kart 8 was only because I got a free game with it).
    On second hand physical games, I'm more picky and only spend 10-20€ if it's something I want and has gotten good metacritic scores (and even then, I barely end up playing it).

Both of these are sort of exceptions, though. With steam sales, I end up buying AAA-stuff usually around 5€. I don't mind that I'm late one or two years. It's not that I don't have anything to game in the mean time, and by that time post-release bugs are at least dealt with. :)

EDIT: just noticed the thread title was just about a new released game, so that other stuff doesn't apply.

It's very important to know that I VERY rarely buy at launch date and never preorder. At the very least, I wait for the first user reviews to come in.

8. 1stClassZackFair

1stClassZackFair GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The most I'd pay for a home console game is $60, but I'd really have to like it first. As for a portable game it depends. I'll probably be paying $40 for Alpha Sapphire, but I don't mind at all. Big fan of the Hoenn region.

9. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    For PC games, $50. Anything more is extortion.

If there's a console game I like, i'll pay whatever the hell they make me. I rarely buy console games so they're usually super good ones like Tales games, which I usually buy the most expensive edition and a digital copy to actually play. PC games are really the only games i'm very adamant about the pricing.

10. jargus

jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No more than $60 unless there's a LE/CE version I really want

11. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    Really depends on the game I guess. Indie games I try to stay under $15-$20, AAA shit I'm fine with $50-$60, and for handhelds (in my case, the Vita) I think the most I've actually spent on a game was like $25 so far, PS+ and all the sales keep their prices pretty low which is nice.

The most I've spent on a game so far was the Dark Souls 2 Collectors Edition for PS3, paid $120 for that shit...lol

12. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    I personally set a hard and fast rule of no more than $30 USD for a handheld game. One big reason I ended up ignoring the PSP during its active lifecycle is because Sony was basically selling half-hearted handheld ports of games for $50 with a straight face.

However, if a game releases at $20 USD or less? That's practically impulse buy.

13. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    $59.99 is my limit for anything that isn't an import from Japan and even then if there is the Asia version I'll avoid paying $80-90 for a console title if one exists.

14. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States

Do you have a fetish for bringing an unrelenting hatred of Sony to every thread or did they shoot your dog or something?

Also PSP games were like... $40 tops.

GameWinner likes this.
  15. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

United States
    He has to push that agenda no matter what!

16. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    A lot of PSP UMD games were sold for $50 new. Or do you seriously have an issue with your long term memory? This was the case with both first party games like Sony's NBA titles, and third-party games like Midnight Club 3 for the PSP. It was even the same case with God of War. If your store chose to sell it for less, consider yourself fortunate.

17. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Hey, we NEEDED another Soulx.

Rite guise?
    ...guise?

Fuck, fine, i'll grab the shotgun.

I will admit however, he is right for once in 1,376 posts. A select few PSP games retailed for $50 in 2005. That trend quickly died when Sony and other publishers realized "oh, we're retarded and no one is buying our gaems."
    The amount of $50 titles was pretty limited AFAIR.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - released, highest, willing