Gaming What is the GAME folder for?

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you plug your PSP into your computer...I see four folders. What's the GAME folder for (excluding homebrew stuff). I know that WITH homebrew, most of your stuff goes in there, but what is it used normally for on an official firmware PSP?

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the GAME folder is created on your Memory Stick since 1.50...didn't the Playstation Store not exist back then? What else was there?

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
Tranquil said:
When you plug your PSP into your computer...I see four folders. What's the GAME folder for (excluding homebrew stuff). I know that WITH homebrew, most of your stuff goes in there, but what is it used normally for on an official firmware PSP?

If CFW uses the Game folder to run stuff is most likely because the OFW also uses it to run stuff. Probably when you do a firmware update it executes from the game folder, also demos.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, updates are run from the game folder, and I believe there's always been a memory stick option in game on the xmb on all firmwares, so there has to be a folder for them. And demos existed before PSN. In the old days, you just donwloaded them from the Sony website and put them on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: