Hacking What is the firmware everyone uses these days? (M3 Real)

• Thread starter TrunksTheMighty
  • Start date
  • Views 4,717
  • Replies 24
T

TrunksTheMighty

OP
Well I have searched the board and some of the topics about firmware have links removed and stuff. I was wondering what is the firmware everyone uses that is compatible with most newish games released recently? The site I used to get the official firmware from is gone, but what is the best and most widely used unofficial one?

T

TrunksTheMighty

OP
Not saying that is a bad idea or anything but can you give some reasons why?

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Because the M3 is practically dead! As for the reason why? I can't answer that. The M3 team isn't dead, but they're reduced to making r4 clones now.
WoodM3 is also dead, Xenon left.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just as he said, the M3 scene is pretty much dead nowadays, with little to no updates and no word from the M3 Team, it's safe to say they have pretty much died off.
I would suggest just putting your M3 away and buying an Acekard Two or an Acekard 2i
If your feeling cheap and don't care about DSi or SDHC go with the R4.
If you want to throw some extra cash around and feel like having an adventure go with either the Supercard Two or or even an EZ-Flash Vi.
But people please stop buying and using M3 products, they are junk nowadays since M3Wood is dead as well.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
funny every time when a team didn't release an update for more than a month, people keep b***s**ting that the team is dead. If you don't like your M3, trash it and stop spreading false statements. The last Acekard AKAIO 1.71 to 1.80 update tooks 3 months to release!!!

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Using the great WoodM3 (the first and the last) here. Everything is dead ... but still have my DSTwo and AK2i
wink.gif

Vahnyyz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
surprisingly noone's actually answered this question

PERSONALLY i'm using 4.8x with sakura and stuff. I'm thinking of re-upping what i can find cause i think i've got everything saved somewhere. Just because someone dropped it doesn't mean everyone has to suffer because its stupid.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thats because not many people use much their M3 anymore. Touchpod is ugly and sakura is outdated id rather use my dstt with moonshell 2 than using sakura.

anyways latest sakura from september is here

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dsrules said:
funny every time when a team didn't release an update for more than a month, people keep b***s**ting that the team is dead. If you don't like your M3, trash it and stop spreading false statements. The last Acekard AKAIO 1.71 to 1.80 update tooks 3 months to release!!!
I am not basing my statement off only one month of no updates, I am basing it off the current track record of the M3 Team. The M3 isn't that good anymore compared to any other card.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
TrunksTheMighty said:
I was wondering what is the firmware everyone uses that is compatible with most newish games released recently?

Akaio 1.8.1 is "the firmware everyone uses that is compatible with most newish games released recently".

I threw my M3i Zero away. Forget about that thing.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fel said:
Just use the link dsrules provided to download the latest Sakura, which has actually good compatability with the exception of most recent games.
smile.gif
Or use the download link in my signature, which also has the latest cheat files

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
I use WoodM3... too bad that Xenon left, and I don't hace enough money nor a credit card to buy a R4 on shoptemp since in my country I have to pay lots of taxes, making the product really expensive for my pocket
frown.gif

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rahxen said:
I use WoodM3... too bad that Xenon left, and I don't hace enough money nor a credit card to buy a R4 on shoptemp since in my country I have to pay lots of taxes, making the product really expensive for my pocket
frown.gif

Hmm, aren't these bad excuses?
unsure.gif
Shoptemp is selling the R4 for just $6. Even if you were to pay 100% taxes in your country, that's still just $12. Is it really that expensive for your pocket? You have an M3 card, which you probably paid way more than $12. You also obviously have a Nintendo DS, how expensive would it have been for you to buy? You also probably have a computer and internet access since you're posting here (but then maybe you're posting from an internet cafe). But still, my point is, anyone should afford to pay $6 for an R4 card. And with R4 Wood firmware, you're all set.

As for not having a credit card, don't you know someone around you who has one? Credit card companies are bending over backwards to have people use their products.
rolleyes.gif

Suggestion: Sell your M3 card to gather the funds. With the last WoodM3 released (1.15), it can play all games up to anything released 1 week ago. I'm sure it's worth the $12 you need to someone around you.

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Dust2dust said:
rahxen said:
frown.gif

Hmm, aren't these bad excuses?
unsure.gif
Shoptemp is selling the R4 for just $6. Even if you were to pay 100% taxes in your country, that's still just $12. Is it really that expensive for your pocket? You have an M3 card, which you probably paid way more than $12. You also obviously have a Nintendo DS, how expensive would it have been for you to buy? You also probably have a computer and internet access since you're posting here (but then maybe you're posting from an internet cafe). But still, my point is, anyone should afford to pay $6 for an R4 card. And with R4 Wood firmware, you're all set.

As for not having a credit card, don't you know someone around you who has one? Credit card companies are bending over backwards to have people use their products.
rolleyes.gif

Suggestion: Sell your M3 card to gather the funds. With the last WoodM3 released (1.15), it can play all games up to anything released 1 week ago. I'm sure it's worth the $12 you need to someone around you.

Congratulations on making yourself look like a complete douche. The average monthly wage in colombia is about USD$320 (that's $3840 a year) - sure, costs are a lot lower, but not all the 'taxes' referred to are a percentage of the item's cost. There are also customs duties to be paid etc, etc, which can add up quite a bit, as well as postage, which would equate to at least the cost of the flashcart itself. Keeping in mind you have no idea about this person's lifestyle or anything, who are you to decide what is and isn't affordable? Please, try and think a little in future..

aragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still sticking to my M3 Real with Sakura 1.49 and WoodM3.
Unfortunately Xenon++ left us, but since the M3 team has announced an update, I have decided to wait a few more days until I'm getting a SCDS2...

I'm really happy with my M3 so far!

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Valiarchon said:
Congratulations on making yourself look like a complete douche. The average monthly wage in colombia is about USD$320 (that's $3840 a year) - sure, costs are a lot lower, but not all the 'taxes' referred to are a percentage of the item's cost. There are also customs duties to be paid etc, etc, which can add up quite a bit, as well as postage, which would equate to at least the cost of the flashcart itself. Keeping in mind you have no idea about this person's lifestyle or anything, who are you to decide what is and isn't affordable? Please, try and think a little in future..

No name calling, please, Valiarchon!
lecture.gif
Anyway, just playing devil's advocate here, but, even supposing that he's living in poverty, or that his lifestyle doesn't allow him such frivolous expenses as a $6 flash cart, how the heck could he afford an M3 DS Real or M3i Zero cart before (which would have been at least twice as expensive as the R4 back then)? And that's not talking about the exorbitant price of the console itself. I don't know, I still have my doubts... Where there's a will, there's a way!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night