Hacking What is the firmware everyone uses these days? (M3 Real)

• Thread starter TrunksTheMighty
  • Start date
  • Views 4,724
  • Replies 24

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Sorry, but I just don't like judgemental views like the one you seem to be perpetrating.
Perhaps it was a gift, or they saved up for it, and were then disillusioned with the whole process due to the apparently exhorbitant additional costs. It's not that uncommon a situation. I know I certainly would be put off such a purchase after having to deal with that.

I agree that it does appear odd, but until you know the facts, wouldn't it be better to just let it slide?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Valiarchon said:
Perhaps it was a gift, or they saved up for it, and were then disillusioned with the whole process due to the apparently exhorbitant additional costs. It's not that uncommon a situation. I know I certainly would be put off such a purchase after having to deal with that.
Yes, possibly, as we don't know all the facts. But what is the alternative? Buying retail games only. A much more expensive path. Sometimes you have to choose the lesser of two evils.

QUOTE(Valiarchon @ Nov 18 2010, 07:05 PM) wouldn't it be better to just let it slide?
I agree, and this is what I'll just do now. Been nice talking to you, and no hard feelings.
grog.gif

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Dust2dust said:
Valiarchon said:
Congratulations on making yourself look like a complete douche. The average monthly wage in colombia is about USD$320 (that's $3840 a year) - sure, costs are a lot lower, but not all the 'taxes' referred to are a percentage of the item's cost. There are also customs duties to be paid etc, etc, which can add up quite a bit, as well as postage, which would equate to at least the cost of the flashcart itself. Keeping in mind you have no idea about this person's lifestyle or anything, who are you to decide what is and isn't affordable? Please, try and think a little in future..

No name calling, please, Valiarchon!
lecture.gif
Anyway, just playing devil's advocate here, but, even supposing that he's living in poverty, or that his lifestyle doesn't allow him such frivolous expenses as a $6 flash cart, how the heck could he afford an M3 DS Real or M3i Zero cart before (which would have been at least twice as expensive as the R4 back then)? And that's not talking about the exorbitant price of the console itself. I don't know, I still have my doubts... Where there's a will, there's a way!

The DS Lite and the M3 were a gift from a friend. I got both items already used and the country is having problems with jobs, a lot of people are looking for it with no success. The income that I get I'm spending it on the materials for my final works in my university, plus food, bus tickets and paying part of taxes at home. I just got a job days ago but I will go when I finish my studies, which will be half-december kinda.
tongue.gif

Btw, the minimal monthly wage in Colombia is about $270 USD. I will get less than that but I think I'll buy one if a friend helps me with a credit card or a paypal acc.

aragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be sure to check out the new YSMenu M3 release from Gaboros - as well as WoodM3 if you can still find it.

Which games are not running for you?
I agree with you that the M3 lacks support for the last two months, but maybe they will recover and continue their work.
In the meantime, I use WoodM3 and YSM3 and hope for the best.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aragon said:
Be sure to check out the new YSMenu M3 release from Gaboros - as well as WoodM3 if you can still find it.

Which games are not running for you?
I agree with you that the M3 lacks support for the last two months, but maybe they will recover and continue their work.
In the meantime, I use WoodM3 and YSM3 and hope for the best.

2 years use m3izero and now she is go in the box, you are welcome dstwo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.