• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What is the end game with Covid?

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I'm not a Wachowski Brother, Hollywood programmed revolutionary, but thankx for the analogy. And having worked years in the health industry, I must ask, when was the last time you remember them shutting down the world for Sars which was more lethal, or how come they didn't shut down bars and clubs when the AIDs virus became wide spread? How come we all drive vehicles which mame or murder people on a daily basis? How Come we use Cell Phones which clearly state in the agreement that it is frying your head!!! Why are we in pursuit of self driving cars and have left the horse, camel, and other suitable animals in the past, when they were biodegradable, could re-produce them selves, lived off of nature, gave back to nature, and so forth? Who put us all in such a big hurry and where is it that we have to be?!?!

Ooh, I love this game! Why stop there, though? Why do we even need destinations, why not just breed ten billion pack animals and we follow them as they lead us to a more nature-driven way of life?! Oh, right, civilization... got lost down the incel elitism hole there for a second. Scary place, gets dark down there real quick!

As someone whose worked for the government and been a nurse, I remember lots of times the government has taken local and nation-wide measures to try and curtail health risks. It is always salt to taste, and covid has been a mighty whopper of a problem due to its benign incubation period and exceptional ability to spread prior to obvious symptoms becoming apparent, but if anything it wasn't treated seriously enough and now we're all paying the cost.

At this point, the best cure is spreading accurate information and squashing misinformation, coupled with a healthy dose of vaccines and preventative measures for spreading to your fellow human beings~

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simmer down, Neo. This isn't the V for Vendetta, covid is not a submission tool from big gubernment, and honestly, if there was a totalitarian regime running the world with that level of cold calculating ruthlessness and resources, don't you think they'd at least be doing a better job keeping the planet sustainable for the long run?
could of fooled me. no way you can look at how covid and the vax is being handled and think "yep totally normal" there's absolutely a big picture here. even if the blind dont see it. also bold of you to assume the world leaders care about the planet :rofl2:

Last edited by Chaosta,
Reactions: pwjpssdfvqyuhweuxx

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could of fooled me. no way you can look at how covid and the vax is being handled and think "yep totally normal" there's absolutely a big picture here. even if the blind dont see it. also bold of you to assume the world leaders care about the planet :rofl2:
What big picture? Is this big Equine finally making its move?! Snap, maybe y'all are right...

Look, getting serious for a second, the virus has been a nuisance for governments, businesses, and individuals alike. While some numbers of grifters have profited from the misfortune, as always, no king nor carpenter nor drugged out oompa loompa ex president enjoys being sick and possibly killed. The end game for covid is either we handle it globally or we leave yet another life threatening dilemma for our children to cope with due to our ineptitude.

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what is it even with you guys? Like sure, they're far from clean, but a big plan to eradicate people/control everything, seriously? We have far better ways of doing that, it's called war and police control. Go ask the French (whom I am part of btw), we know a whole lot about authoritarianism :glare:
covid is not a control-or-be-controlled situation. We're all in the same deep shit, and it would be nice if some of us stopped playing the game of helping that damned thing continue by refusing every single thing that can help it stop...

Reactions: Dakitten

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
end game for covid is either we handle it globally or we leave yet another life threatening dilemma for our children to cope with due to our ineptitude.
Oh yes. 97.8% survival rate is sooo "threatening". Infact, the most people spreading it are vaxxed ppl.. Dont conform to smooth brain ideology perpetuated by the media. Its just sad

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
End game for COVID (the virus itself) - Human Extinction

People Dealing with COVID- is
A) Vaccine with a higher Rate to combat new Variants, Than mandating Vaccine along with the other 7-10 vaccines mandates already in place = Covid destroyed like Polio
B) Vaccine with a higher Rate to combat new Variants, Political Hacks continue to play political games with the population's lives = Have yearly outbreaks and new Variants with new mutations to achieve "End game for COVID (the virus itself) - Human Extinction"

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes. 97.8% survival rate is sooo "threatening". Infact, the most people spreading it are vaxxed ppl.. Dont conform to smooth brain ideology perpetuated by the media. Its just sad
funny by your logic.. then Chicken pox vaccine is not needed as 1 per 100,000 cases or Hepatitis 0.46 per 100,000. Measles
1–2 in 1000 will die
. ...You infer that COVID is not serious but has a higher death rate then some of the most mandated vaccines in America?
and its weird This never seem to be a whole issue until the new Administration started?
Never saw calls for boycotts or refusing to fund the Government for the Hepatitis vaccine mandates... almost seems like its more of a political issue then a actual medical one ......

Last edited by djpannda,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This never seem to be a whole issue until the new Administration started?
Never saw calls for boycotts or refusing to fund the Government for the Hepatitis vaccine mandates... almost seems like its more of a political issue then a actual medical one ......
I could be wrong but I'm sure I remember a lot of folks claiming they will never take Trump's vaccine.. and now that it's Biden's vaccine everything is the opposite. Americans are weird.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong but I'm sure I remember a lot of folks claiming they will never take Trump's vaccine.. and now that it's Biden's vaccine everything is the opposite. Americans are weird.
thanks for Proving the point that this is a not a medical issue but a political one.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for Proving the point that this is a not a medical issue but a political one.
I've been claiming it's political from the start but people insisted it was all about the science. Yet democrats were sceptical about the vaccine when Trump was in office, so what caused the shift after Biden won? I'm sure it's the same vaccines.

Reactions: Tarmfot

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I've been claiming it's political from the start but people insisted it was all about the science. Yet democrats were sceptical about the vaccine when Trump was in office, so what caused the shift after Biden won? I'm sure it's the same vaccines.
This whole thing is fuckin stupid

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A clear and consistent track record of bad decisions and lies regarding covid related issues (and everything else) that were largely abated when the science was settled and the vaccine was commonplace. It really isn't hard to figure out!

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A clear and consistent track record of bad decisions and lies regarding covid related issues (and everything else) that were largely abated when the science was settled and the vaccine was commonplace. It really isn't hard to figure out!
That could describe pretty much every politician.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That could describe pretty much every politician.
That is flatly wrong, as many countries tried different strategies and levels of disclosure with their people, and the USA had uniquely poor results and mismanagement. Every politician MAY be some level of compromised, but Trump spearheaded this particular failure in a way that only he can take credit for.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it isn't hard to see with how Trump handled the whole thing and HEAVILY downplaying the threat of COVID-19 that lots of damages and deaths were done. Even lied about having COVID-19 vaccines being in reserve when in actuality there was practically none ready at the time.
It's sad that his supporters are still fooled to this day by conspiracies and misinformation. It's so out of control that even Trump himself backed off so easily once he got boo'd after speaking publicly that vaccines work.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is flatly wrong, as many countries tried different strategies and levels of disclosure with their people, and the USA had uniquely poor results and mismanagement. Every politician MAY be some level of compromised, but Trump spearheaded this particular failure in a way that only he can take credit for.
I can only speak for the UK, and it was a shambles here. Just this week, we're hearing how while the rest of the country was in full lockdown and people weren't allowed to attend funerals or visit dying loved ones, the government were having parties and breaking every Covid rule.

Reactions: Tarmfot

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where I live, I don't even hear about COVID. The only place I have to wear a mask is on public transit or work but other than that everything is how it used to be pre-2019

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only speak for the UK, and it was a shambles here. Just this week, we're hearing how while the rest of the country was in full lockdown and people weren't allowed to attend funerals or visit dying loved ones, the government were having parties and breaking every Covid rule.
But... you brought up dems and Trump by name, not the Labour party and Boris. I'm certainly sorry that things weren't great in the UK either, yet this contradicts your speaking for the USA and what I presume is the global left, not the thing you say you can only speak for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.