What is the easiest way to play DS roms on 3DS FW 8.1.0-19?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mckenziesdaddy, Aug 10, 2014.

1. mckenziesdaddy
    OP

mckenziesdaddy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    York,PA
    I know my firmware is too far ahead to play 3DS roms, But for my firmware of 8.1.0-19. What is the easiest way to play DS roms? I know gateway has a DS card but I am unaware, If that is to only install the hack. But then I have heard about Supercard DStwo. IS there card that someone recommends more then the other? I also found this card http://www.realhotstuff.com/R4i-Gold-3DS-RTS_p_86.html Will it work?

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    that card will work. the best way would be DSTWO. its the best one.
    gateway includes a normal DS MODE card, you can use it to play ds games, but its too expensive and useless since you will not be able to use the 3ds card (and i don't know if the DS card will work on that firmware)

so. if you want that card you showed, go ahead it will work, but i recommend a DSTWO.

someone correct me if i am wrong, that card you showed (from http://r4ids.cn/ ) is the best r4 card.
    (and the store is also good, i bought my dstwo from there)

edit: in the store it says it does support 7.x as far i know, no cards were blocked on 8.x but make sure to ask the store if the card will support the 8.x firmware..., if you want a "blockproof" card, get a dstwo...

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Yeah the info is probably just out dated, afaik no DS flashcards where blocked in between 7.x-8.x

I would only say a Dstwo is worth the price if you specifically want to play the Dstwo only homebrew I.E gba emulator and snes emulator

BestR4i3DS.com likes this.
  4. BestR4i3DS.com

BestR4i3DS.com GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    United States
    all the popular flashcarts can work well on V8.1.0-19 directly , such as Supercard DSTwo, R4i gold 3ds, r4i 3DS RTS. ace3ds ...
    if you don't mind pay a little much,
    DSTwo recommend, best flashcarts allow you run NDS, GBA roms on your 3DS

5. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    SNES and MAME as well. Dingux was ported to the DSTwo so all that homebrew too.