Homebrew What is the easiest way to fill up a Wii U's external Hard Drive without using any official games?

1ted59

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for speedrunning purposes. Basically see this tweet for the rationale behind this. While the tweet relates to Super Mario Galaxy, the same technique works for the game Super Mario 3D World. As this relies on the eShop or piracy to write enough space to an external hard drive, when the Wii U eShop inevitably goes down piracy would be therefore the only option.

For this reason I'm looking for alternatives that don't require any official games to write to and fill up the external hard drive. Is there anything that could just write 0's or garbage to fill up a Wii U formatted external hard drive to be able to shave off the precious seconds?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
One obvious way, hardly the fastest one but not needing custom-built tools (heh, sounds like my A9LH speedrun and why I didn't make a B9S one yet), you can make custom titles with NUSPacker and install them;

or a WiiU mode homebrew (possibly with appropriate privileges) could of course create arbitrary files (bonus points if said homebrew installs as its own title and puts them in their save file, as they ought to be)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea