Homebrew what is the dsi common key - encryptet?

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*blinks*
wtf.gif
You should expect nintendo's special op's squad to break down your doors in 3...2...1...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Late to the party, aren't you? That key is all over the internet. Other than being able to DECRYPT system files with it (from NUS Downloader), you can do nothing substantial. You can't exactly edit the firmware and flash it onto a DSi mainly because there is no way to flash a DSi in the first place.

The DSi was Nintendo's bastard middle-child between the DS and the 3DS that never got any attention, there are like, 5 dedicated games for it and mostly crappy DSiWare. Even hackers aren't all that interested in hacking it now that the 3DS is out. Just forget about it, there's no point in dwelling.

DragonRider

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
oh, sorry

... i know what the key do.
But does anyone know how the key is when he is encrypted original?
or was the code in the dsi software - decryptet?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
DSi firmware bin's are encrypted, I'm not entirely sure what is the technique, but I'm pretty sure it's not AES, seeing that it was implemented in the 3DS.

Nintendo software creates unique keys that are tied to specific consoles, so that DSi apps cannot migrate between consoles. This key however is a "master key", it can "decrypt" anything regardless of the hardware. We just can't use it effectively because we can't flash a "borked" firmware like that onto the system.

The key itself is not encrypted - it's a key, a result of the encryption.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.