What is the difference

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jygen, Aug 17, 2006.

Aug 17, 2006

What is the difference by jygen at 9:40 AM (630 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. jygen
    OP

Newcomer jygen Newbie

I've been doing my research Online for a little while now and noticed that most tutorials for running homebrew on the DS say that if you don't have a flashed DS you need to use a PassMe device.

I assume when they say you need to use a PassMe device, they mean that you have to stick it at the top of the NDSL every single time you want to load stuff in it?

What is the difference between doing that and having a flashed DS? Don't you need a PassMe device to flash the DS anyway? I'm basing my information mostly on stuff I've read and the video that's roaming around youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ePwfuWoULQ

The man in the video flashed the DS using a passme device, but doesn't state if this procedure needs to be done over and over tvery time he wants to run homebrew.

Can anyone please clarify?

2. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    To flash your DS you only need the PassMe (or NoPass) device once, then you could sell it. Check the Flashme and PassMe sub-folders for more info.

3. Zap

Member Zap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, you "need" a flash kit to even flash your DS, which sounds kinda dumb because with the kit, you can already run games and homebrew.

I guess the real benefit of flashing a DS is just to free up the NDS slot. Allowing for another original game to be there. Some people flash because they think the passcard drains too much battery... which I don't think so. Then there are others who flash their DS so they can use the download feature with other flashed DS.

4. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    then there are others who have had their passmes from before the nopass and don't think it's worth $30 to do what they already can do.