Hacking What is the difference of EZFlash/r4ds/SuperCard ?

severed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i read the SuperCard "How To" Guide and FAQ and it seems to do everything im looking for as far as emulation goes. but how does it compare to the R4DS and/or EZFlashV as that is what i mostly have seen and read about(untill now)and the R4ds seems like it was more advanced but it doesnt have all the built in emulation. I also have seen people combining the r4ds and EZFlashV but that seems like to much work just to match the SuperCard. what do people arround here prefer? is the SuperCard have fast load times? cuz the EZFlashV seemed slower then the R4ds... latest: now im looking into the CycloneDS Evolution

GoldenB4lls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SC has the best support and don't drop older models when they bring new ones. That's pretty much the most important thing for me.

R4, used to have good support, but now it's very slow and never has new features.

CycloDS Evo, has good support for now, it's hard to say for certain what the future holds. Also doesn't have as many features as the SCDS1 at this time.

EZ5, support is OK but not in the league of the major players.

DSTT has the fastest load times if you cannot bear to wait the extra 1 or 2 seconds for a rom to load other carts may have. DSTT is the R4 teams new baby.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the r4 is a piece of crap in todays world, a dstt is very good for the price, with its perfect compatibility and fast loading times, but a bad official menu, the cyclods is one of the bet carts out there if you have the money for em, the only good thing EZV has nowadays is its 3-in-1 slot 2 device, the supercard 1 is also a very nice card with many features for a fair price, i use an acekard though, and i wouldnt pick anything over it

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Get a Cyclo DS. It's bit pricey, but the features are good and it's fast. Go for it. And just to clarify, I'd say that Cyclo and SCDS1 are about the same, if not giving the Cyclo the edge (controversy!?), just cause the slow motion is fun to screw around with.
tongue.gif
You can't go slow mo with SCDS1. Unless I'm missing out on it.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cyclo>SCDS1>EDGE>DSTT>M3 real>R4>EZflash.

That's just what I think...

Cyclo, SCDS1 SDHC, and M3 real have some features that other don't. R4s, EDGE, and EZflash are made just for playing games, while the other 3 can do much more.

Seina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

izanDY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a Cyclo DS.  It's bit pricey, but the features are good and it's fast.  Go for it.  And just to clarify, I'd say that Cyclo and SCDS1 are about the same, if not giving the Cyclo the edge (controversy!?), just cause the slow motion is fun to screw around with. 
tongue.gif
  You can't go slow mo with SCDS1.  Unless I'm missing out on it.

Yep your missing out on it. The slowmo.scc (can be attatched to any .scc cheat file) and has far more options than the cyclods version.

http://www.2shared.com/file/2900516/6dcb2959/slowmotion.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool