1. Kanakops

OP Kanakops GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Hi it's just a quick question but I know there is various type of incognito, we recommend me to use incognito from tinfoil and it's what I did on my emunand

But because there is a lot of incognito I was wondering if i'm using the best one, There is some stuff called "incognito_rcm" and probably an .nro? I don't know but I want to know if I did pick the good one, if it's the best one or if they are all the same

2. Kanakops

OP Kanakops GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Someone told me incognito from tinfoil is just better because this is creating a backup in cal0 partition in case I delete my prod.info by accident and Incognito_rcm is just an outdated payload, it is true? It's probably true but I would like a confirmation

Last edited by Kanakops, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    No its not recommended to use Incognito as it maliciously wipes a part of PRODINFO which is vital to the Switch. The only difference between the two versions is how they are launched but you are better off using 90DNS which is safer to use but also easier to disable.

Kanakops likes this.
  4. Kanakops

OP Kanakops GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica

I will necrobump but for asking something

Why should I care about the prodinfo in emunand ? Do I still need it ? 90Dns can fail or it does not work on other wifi if someone else try to put the wifi on it no ?

5. RednaxelaNnamtra

RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Atmosphere now has a build in incognito, that doesn't modify the nand (still though the devs still don't recommend using any way of incognito) . It also now has ways to do what 90dns does, but offline and for all networks. It also has many other telemetry blocking features.
    About why you should care about it, its not really safe to say it protects you, by itself some logs still get uploaded, and those can still contain your original serial number. It might also be possible, that the serial is also saved in other places, and can still leak that way. Any of those scenarios will probably end up in flagging the console for a ban.
    Also for everyone, that's who is not installing nsps/xcis or cheats/mods online, it realy as safe to just go online with cfw in sysnand, as it is doing weird things in fear of getting banned. For example, both of my switches are still unbanned, even though I play regularly online with them in cfw, since around a month after sxos got released.

6. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You shouldnt care for emunand/emummc, its basically built for it. If done correctly, its the most reliable anti ban method for it, that still enables your regular wifi speeds.
    I just dont recommend it for sysnand.
    I wouldnt worry about the “risk factor” either, when you can’t connect to any of nintendos servers. It has been years. If you were going to get banned for incognito or correct use of 90 dns, it would have happened long ago. You have greater odds of winning the lotto.

Last edited by Basketto, Feb 27, 2021
    Kanakops likes this.
  7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If for some reason you lose any backups of PRODINFO for sysMMC, you can use the one from emuMMC instead. And even if 90DNS were to fail, you would just end up without Internet.

Kanakops likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - difference, incognito, incognito