Hacking What is the difference between having redNAND vs. Mocha CFW with redNAND?

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems like most tutorials out there bundles having to install Mocha CFW with redNAND. I assume this means that one installs Mocha CFW on sysNAND and then installs redNAND separately.

Doesn't just redNAND itself allow for the ability to run DLC and games (why would someone want Mocha CFW as well as redNAND running at the same time?) Unless, of course, I'm reading into the tutorials wrong and actually they are trying to run Mocha CFW on redNAND... which still doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by HaloEffect17,

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the guide on github. Im using mocha with out rednand . i dont even think they guide had me set one up. I dont see the point i also finaly have hakchi installed so im not realy even using mocha anymore because hakchi has cfw built in to take care of the system checks etc

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the guide on github. Im using mocha with out rednand . i dont even think they guide had me set one up. I dont see the point i also finaly have hakchi installed so im not realy even using mocha anymore because hakchi has cfw built in to take care of the system checks etc
If you mean this guide. https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

YES it has instructions for installing REDNAND. :P
But yeah, i used it without REDNAND, according to the description. Is just a clone of your wii u system installed on a SD CARD so it doesn't modify anything that can be potentially dangerous and render it useless without some recovery trick. JUST LIKE 3DS NAND BACKUPS.

I didn't use it cause it requires a sd card 2X the size of the systems internal storage.
8GB = 16
32GB = 64 (FORMATTED TO FAT 32)
Then dumping that to flash to sd takes a while depending on the size of the system and if you mess up nand, you got to do it all over again. If you follow the instructions as they suggest, you shoud be able to safely use MOCHA with haxchi to system nand without risking anything. Now only we can get some homebrew emulators that ISN'T RETRO ARCH on home menu. :))

Also The REDNAND is Redirection NAND. It reads from a formatted partition stored on the sd card instead of the system itself. MOCHA is the CFW, Much like LUMA on 3DS it just enable sig patches to allow you to load or install anything you want without "LEGIT" permissions.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: HaloEffect17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: