What is the definitive version of UNO?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,471
  • Replies 28
D

Deleted User

OP
You read the title! After starting a debate about this topic in the Site Disccusions and Suggestions forum, I'm moving it here. Which version of UNO is the most fun, complex, original, anything! Is it the original UNO? What about UNO Attack (or Extreme)? Do you like to turn up the speed with UNO Flash? Tell me below!

In my opinion, UNO Attack/Extreme is the best version because it adds most suspense and tension due to the added layer of luck it has. It's also more complex with the added cards, which makes it even more fun.

D

Deleted User

OP
What's actually the difference? I've only really played standard Uno with friends.
UNO Attack and UNO have one major difference. In UNO, if you do not have a card that you can place down, you draw one. If you don't have a card in UNO Attack, you press the UNO button on the little machine thing. You may get no cards, 1 card, or even more than that! There's also new wild cards to use and cards that force people to press the button. Also, if someone yells UNO when you place down the second to last card in your deck, you must press the button twice. This may sound silly and boring, but play it for yourself! It's a blast.

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
UNO Attack and UNO have one major difference. In UNO, if you do not have a card that you can place down, you draw one. If you don't have a card in UNO Attack, you press the UNO button on the little machine thing. You may get no cards, 1 card, or even more than that! There's also new wild cards to use and cards that force people to press the button. Also, if someone yells UNO when you place down the second to last card in your deck, you must press the button twice. This may sound silly and boring, but play it for yourself! It's a blast.
Ahhhhh, that's the one they used to advertise. I remember the jingle thing they used. The whole "you might get no cards, you might get ten." Good times.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to go with Uno Attack!

...purely because when I was about five years old and sad about moving out of my old house, my dad took an Uno Attack card and shoved it into the blades of a fan, making the card turn into utter confetti. This made my five year old self laugh uncontrollably, and now whenever I see or hear of Uno Attack, I laugh.

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm going to go with Uno Attack!

...purely because when I was about five years old and sad about moving out of my old house, my dad took an Uno Attack card and shoved it into the blades of a fan, making the card turn into utter confetti. This made my five year old self laugh uncontrollably, and now whenever I see or hear of Uno Attack, I laugh.
That's an...um...interesting reason. But as long as you're on team UNO Attack, I'm fine.

D

Deleted User

OP
psp version of uno is the definitive edition.
Digital versions of UNO just aren't as good as the real deal. It's sort of how playing Tabletop Simulator is not the same as playing a real board/card game.

andeers

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I remembered: in my country there are some bootleg UNO decks that come with four blank cards. My friends and I used to draw new types of cards (like a +16) to generate some nice plot twists

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh...
l09m69hc1cm01.jpg

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I enjoy this knockoff (bought in a gas station who knows how many years ago) called Solo, which is basically Uno with color-specific cards to trade your hand with another player and any-color cards where everyone passes their cards to the next player (I think the default player order is reversed too, but we always picked one on the spot)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1