1. Titanica

OP Titanica As mature as a Seventh Grader!

United States
    Monopoly is a very complex yet fun board game, but there are many versions of it. Which one is the best out of the bunch?

In my opinion, it's Monopoly Deluxe.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    The best one IMO isn't Monopoly at all. It's Fortune Street.
    It has quite a bit more depth to it than the Monopoly board games I've played.
    But out of the board games I prefer the regular one. They don't seem much different, they just have some small gimmicks added or are themed after a certain franchise.

The one that uses bank cards seems neat, but it doesn't seem as fun as having a fat wad of cash.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, May 1, 2018
    Exaltys and Titanica like this.
  3. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    tbh, I like the normal one more than any of the others.

4. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

United States
    The Mario themed one of course!

5. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".
    Former Staff

Croatia
  6. snails1221

snails1221 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I like the classic version best.

Titanica likes this.
  7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    I find most versions of it fundamentally broken, and anybody I would likely play board games with is likely to focus on the maths and strategy as much as I would. I don't mind it as a game to teach others how to play games but it is nothing more than that for me.

I am aware of the historical context but I like fun more.

Versions wise I have played many but most are reskins for different countries and locations, or a gimmick like having a calculator keep track of your play, without altering the core game in any particularly significant ways*, as opposed to Risk which has routinely seen some seriously tweaked versions (see something like Risk Legacy, and then have a look at Lord of the Rings Risk, then some of the console versions...).

*the rent change thing is nothing terribly special in Ultimate Banking Edition.

I have played monopoly empire a few times, which has the benefit of being far quicker/more engaging throughout its play if nothing else, but it lacks something I can really sink my teeth into like more conventional versions. Also it being a slightly smaller board messes with my inbuilt strategies.

Not played Mega Edition (a slightly larger board) yet, might be interesting to see.

8. jt_1258

jt_1258 Stuck

United States
    Suprisingly the one made by EA of all companies on the wii. Monopoly Streets on the wii at least had a good sounding Mr. Monopoly unlike the switch version. The customizabilty was much better too.

Titanica likes this.
  9. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Surprisingly I like the DS version, before that one I played a lot of the SNES version. The Wii version is also great!

So if you have DraStic on your phone play the DS version anytime you want :)

Titanica likes this.
  10. Titanica

OP Titanica As mature as a Seventh Grader!

United States
    Psionic Roshambo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - definitive, Monopoly, version