Hardware What is the current firmware on stock switches?

Anthony D'Amico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am also curious about this.

I would imagine some of the older bundles might have a lower firmware however i have no which ones

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're on 4.0. I went to an a Toys R Us a couple days (the place is a ghost town) ago to pick mine up, and still wound up with a 4.0 console. I don't think you'll find a retail store selling one lower than that, currently. Any store that's been unable to sell their 3.0 stock in the US by now is likely out of business at this point. That's my guess. I'd look around for consoles on Craigslist and Ebay to try and nab one from somebody who hasn't turned it on since 3.0 or lower.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i got mine about 2 weeks ago already right on 4.1.0 outof the box wasnt a special bundle or nothing standard Red/Blue Joycon one. (if i did a system update i dont recall it anyway then imo.) only update i Do remember doing when i got it home was it made me grab an software update for Breath of the wild.

Last edited by Dracari,

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, someone actually posted a thread where they were able to find a Spla2n 2 bundle online. Those come with 3.0 if I'm not mistaken.

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought one last week and it was also on 2.3. I updated it. I'll wait on xecuters chip.

Absintu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
and i though i was gonna play king of fighters today, oh well.
for every one that wants to know, i asked for the oldest they had onstock. The guy brought me 2 that even had dust from the warehouse but it's 3.0.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans