Hacking What is the cheapest cart that works on DSi 1.4.5?

joepassive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I Need a flashcart, that will load most games and will be extremely cheap. thanks [as a gift for 9 year old]

razenxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you check, you will find the cheapest card was Ace3DS Plus, which can directly work on DSi V1.45, you can check it here : http://shoptemp.net/shop/modchipfactory-com.html
I just bought a ace3ds plus and cant make it work with a dsi 1.4.5.
I Tried Both The Ace wood firmware and the Aos and when i try to open the cart it says that an error occured :/

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you check, you will find the cheapest card was Ace3DS Plus, which can directly work on DSi V1.45, you can check it here : http://shoptemp.net/shop/modchipfactory-com.html

Please don't recommend that card. It's a shitty clone using hacked Wood R4 as it's kernel.
If you want a good card from a legit site, I suggest checking out R4i Gold (url on card r4ids.cn) from nds-card.com. NDS-card is GBAtemp's official sponsor, so buying from them helps support the Temp. Not to mention the R4i Gold officially supports Wood R4 and gets regular DSi/3DS firmware updates. It's worth the extra dollars to get a better card.

I just bought a ace3ds plus and cant make it work with a dsi 1.4.5.

I Tried Both The Ace wood firmware and the Aos and when i try to open the cart it says that an error occured :/

That's because you were using a Kernel not a firmware update. You need to update your card to the latest firmware if they have it.
It would be a much better idea to buy a better card instead of sticking with a cheap clone.

razenxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Please don't recommend that card. It's a shitty clone using hacked Wood R4 as it's kernel.
If you want a good card from a legit site, I suggest checking out R4i Gold (url on card r4ids.cn) from nds-card.com. NDS-card is GBAtemp's official sponsor, so buying from them helps support the Temp. Not to mention the R4i Gold officially supports Wood R4 and gets regular DSi/3DS firmware updates. It's worth the extra dollars to get a better card.

That's because you were using a Kernel not a firmware update. You need to update your card to the latest firmware if they have it.
It would be a much better idea to buy a better card instead of sticking with a cheap clone.

How to do that?

razenxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I believe you download this
ftp://ace3dssoft:[email protected]/ace3ds plus/ace3ds_fix_all.zip
then run it like any other homebrew/ROM and it should update the card.

I Didn't cause the error i get to my card dont let me to do anything!
2qb6ofp.jpg
That's the error.
Do i have to download the fix and install that with an older firmware ds/dsi?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
By out of date you mean with a previous firmware right?
Sorry If i sound stupid(sometimes i think that i'm really :P )

Yeah pretty much, you need a DSi with the previous firmware that you card already works on.

razenxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah now it works like a charm :)
I didn't update it btw.
I contacted the guy who selled the card to me and he just brought me another one with the latest update :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I Need a flashcart, that will load most games and will be extremely cheap. thanks [as a gift for 9 year old]
The best budget flashcart has been the R4i Gold for a while (r4ids.cn model only), you can find it as low as $11.25, it supports the 3DS in case your kid gets one in the future, and it works with all games thanks to official Wood R4 support.
There are slightly cheaper carts but they suffer from poor support and may not work with some of the newest games. If you can get great support for a couple bucks more then why not?
The cheapest price for the R4i Gold currently is at zhuzhuchina.com as they are having a sale. The regular price is $13.00 but you can get it for only $11.25.

joepassive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I Wasn't asking for good. i was asking for cheap. thats why i bought Ace3DS Plus - will be awesome on the DSi since it's not updating as much as the 3DS.
if i wanted better, i would get Supercard DSTWO, which i already have :) bought this for my little nephew

RaulRock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Wasn't asking for good. i was asking for cheap. thats why i bought Ace3DS Plus - will be awesome on the DSi since it's not updating as much as the 3DS.
if i wanted better, i would get Supercard DSTWO, which i already have :) bought this for my little nephew
the ace3ds plus is not the best card on the market, that's the cheapest card though, http://www.thegamerdepot.com/ace3ds-pluscheapest-flashcart-working-great-on-3ds3dsdsids-p-153.html that's the cheapest place out there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb