What is the chance of breaking my m3i zero

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by gameguy95, Jan 26, 2010.

Jan 26, 2010
  1. gameguy95
    OP

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    the spring in the sdcard slot in my m3i0 is broken, so i am wondering, how safe is it to open up my m3i0 to try to take out the broken spring? to try to replace the spring?

thanks for any help. :yayds:

2. gameguy95
    OP

United States
    No reply after a whole day!?
    answer please or i'm bumping everyday until someone answers

3. MarkDarkness

Member MarkDarkness Deliverator

Poland
    Dude... how are we supposed to know? Most springs are fairly easy to remove, but then again, it depends on your experience and how steady your hands are. There is no objective answer to this.

4. sekitori

Newcomer sekitori Newbie

Netherlands

You're thinking about opening up de SD-card sized m3i0 ?

wouldn't do it - the two halves are probably glued together - opening it up would definately break the housing - no chance of putting it back together again (in a way that it would fit properly inside your DS again [​IMG] )

How about a piece of cellotape to keep the micro-sd in ?

regards

Sekitori

5. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    sekitori is right in that if you try to pry the two halves of the shell apart, you'll probably break the clips that hold them together.

But I have to disagree that there's no chance of putting them back together. My friend's son broke his M3 Real and I used a very small amount of super glue to stick the casing back together again. After letting it dry for 15 minutes, he stuck it back in his DS and it worked. He hasn't had any problems with it since.

A lot of flashcarts aren't spring-loaded and some people even prefer it that way. If you can, you should just use some pliers to remove the spring completely. There's a tutorial with pictures somewhere on GBAtemp that shows you how to remove the spring, but I can't find it right now. The tutorial used a different flashcart, but I think the spring-load mechanism is pretty much the same for all flashcarts that have it so it should work for the M3i as well. I did find this.

6. DCG

Member DCG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    just a question about the springs in a m3 real. which "versions" of the m3 card have a springloaded slot?
    cos the first card I got (with top incertion) didn't have it and the second (with side incertion) doesn't have it eighter, as far as I know (haven't realy tried becaus I am afraid I cant get the micro sd out again)

7. Densetsu

United States
    Every M3 Real that I've seen (both top- and side-loading) has a spring-loaded slot, so I don't know the answer to that.

8. gameguy95
    OP

United States
    well i'm officially stupid now.
    since i got tired of waiting,(after 1 day) i decided to try it. it is clipped together not glued so i got it open, but apparently the microsd slot has something to do with the built it memory because i got the spring-load fixed, but now when i put it in my dsi or dsl, it does not even recognize that a card is in there butt it works with real games so i know my ds is not broken.

9. gameguy95
    OP

United States
    oh yeah forgot to mention in above post, when i try to re-flash it with the latest firmware, no matter how long i let it sit there, the light keeps blinking really fast(like 5 times a second) could this info help?

10. gameguy95
    OP

United States
    ^can this info help anyone?

11. bluejays

Member bluejays GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I always hear about the springs breaking and stuff on peoples cards and it always makes me think why my cards never in the whole time have i owned flash card (ttds, r4, and nwo m3izero) why mine hasn't broken. Is it because people are being very destructive xD when they put their micro sds inside their flash cards?

12. gameguy95
    OP

United States
    Seriously!? this doesn't help anyone?

13. Densetsu

United States
    Well if I had an M3i Zero I might be able to provide more assistance, but I have no clue about the flashing part because I only have an M3 Real.

I'll be getting an M3i Zero soon though [​IMG]