Hardware What is the capacitor value on top of Nintendo Switch APU?

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello all!
Does anyone know what is the value for the capacitors on top of the Nintendo Switch APU for both the normal (V1, V2) and Lite?
I suppose they are the same value for all of these versions, or at least the same for Marikos.
IMG_20200808_204751026.jpg

Thanks!

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
interested in this :(
Hey!
My buddy @Modificatorul told me some time ago but I forgot "closing" this thread! Sorry!

Here it is, mate!
ceramic capacitor 1uf 20% (0201 packaging/size)

They are the same for Eristas and Marikos, BTW!

Cheers!

fan2k20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey!
My buddy @Modificatorul told me some time ago but I forgot "closing" this thread! Sorry!

Here it is, mate!
ceramic capacitor 1uf 20% (0201 packaging/size)

They are the same for Eristas and Marikos, BTW!

Cheers!
ceramic capacitor 1uf 20% 10V?
can you please send me a link? There is many differents :(
Did you fixed yours?
Thank you!!!! ;)

Last edited by fan2k20,

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

dwurv

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there!

In this post I see 1UF 10v 20% but the aliexpress link is 1UF 6.3V 20%. I also see 10% sometimes around the forum.... So which one is the right one to order :)

Thanks!

Reactions: Danook28 and zvonko

Mr_Twii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
As far as i know it should be 1UF 20% 6.3V 0201 ceramic capacitor ( well for points SP1 and SP2 sx core instal points)

I have one of it damaged but switch still works planning to replace it, i found a row of it on iphone 5c pcb ( i have a spare one for part so i'll use it )
view

Attachments

• 00539BC1-ABE9-40D3-AA51-4A623590C944.jpeg
    00539BC1-ABE9-40D3-AA51-4A623590C944.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 551
Last edited by Mr_Twii,

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
how would one weld this back on ? with a hot air gun ?
Well, I've been using a hot air station... I dunno if a gun will have enough heat to solder it...
I clean it up real good with IPA, re-tin with "normal" solder, apply a good flux then pre-heat the APU with a hot air station and, when the solder is shiny I apply the cap.
To finalize I inspect it with and, if needed, touch the tip of my solder iron with a little bit of solder. Whenever you're doing it, either with a hot air or the iron, use flux!

It's fairly easy!

PS: when I say "clean it real good" I reeeally mean it! Do not let any thermal paste in the APU as it will prevent a good solder, cause a real mess and, potentially, cause the APU to overheat, burn or whatever... It conducts heat, hence the name "thermal" paste! :D :P

Last edited by mvmiranda,
Reactions: zvonko

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I've been using a hot air station... I dunno if a gun will have enough heat to solder it...
I clean it up real good with IPA, re-tin with "normal" solder, apply a good flux then pre-heat the APU with a hot air station and, when the solder is shiny I apply the cap.
To finalize I inspect it with and, if needed, touch the tip of my solder iron with a little bit of solder. Whenever you're doing it, either with a hot air or the iron, use flux!

It's fairly easy!

PS: when I say "clean it real good" I reeeally mean it! Do not let any thermal paste in the APU as it will prevent a good solder, cause a real mess and, potentially, cause the APU to overheat, burn or whatever... It conducts heat, hence the name "thermal" paste! :D :P

Thanks for the reply, I meant the hot air station. Any recommendation or any Chinese one work?

I just recently picked up micro soldering as a hobby, thanks for all the tips :)

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the reply, I meant the hot air station. Any recommendation or any Chinese one work?

I just recently picked up micro soldering as a hobby, thanks for all the tips :)
Any good one will suffice!
I've been using YaXun (Chinese) for almost 7 years now without a problem. :)

Reactions: zvonko and de9ed

zvonko

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
i have the simular problem but the capacitor next to sp2 is mising for me.Are dey all same vule

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have the simular problem but the capacitor next to sp2 is mising for me.Are dey all same vule

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: Danook28 and zvonko

Hongtm77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey guys, I'm having the same problem. The 1st time I soldered everything on my switch lite and I got red LED. Then I tried to de-soldered everything and re-solder.

Then I accidentally pulled out both SP1 & SP2 caps while de-soldering. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Afterthat I soldered the chip on the board directly without the SP1 & SP2 caps and it works perfectly. I'm able to boot hekate and CFW.

My question is, will it be a problem in the long run without those caps?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +1