Hacking What is the biggest SDHC card compatible with AKAIO?

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I currently have a 8GB card that runs just fine but I think to buy a larger one...
Do the 16 or 32 GB SDHC work fine with AKAIO 1.5.1?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no 32gb microSDHC
16gb is the highest and it supports acekard
I use 8gb and IMO you dont need more than that plus im surviving on a 2gb with my psp which has even larger files

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
32GB is the largest MicroSDHC card availible and will be shipping soon.
samsung_64GB_moviNAND.jpg

This is the maximum supported by the Acekards.

For highspeed cards, the price per GB on the 16GB/32GB cards compared to the 8GB cards is just to expensive though.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
The speed of SDHC cards is not directly related to their capacity. SDHC cards are rated as 'class 2', 'class 4', or 'class 6' with 6 being the fastest. I think the class # relates to the Mb/s rate or something, but anyhow, a class 6 card is faster than a class 4 card, regardless of the capacity.

-Atashi

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
coolness said:
but whit 16 gb while the Acekard be slower or normal?

Who knows for sure? there could be a chance that with all that information on your card that it could slow down marginally, in which case you should seperate your games into different folders.

This has helped a few gamers in the past.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use a 4gb sdhc card, and I have PLENTY of space available on it.

And I'm no slouch for my use of it either.

pacha69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Why would you need a card bigger than let's say 4gb for nds games ? Are you leaving your home for mmmm, let's say, 5 years ??? You can fit a lot of games on a 4gb card. I have a 2gb one and I'm sure I'll never fill it up.

edit: how can i know which class my micro sd card is ?, it only says 17mb/s

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
pacha69 said:
Why would you need a card bigger than let's say 4gb for nds games ? Are you leaving your home for mmmm, let's say, 5 years ??? You can fit a lot of games on a 4gb card. I have a 2gb one and I'm sure I'll never fill it up.
perhaps he is using his ds for multimedia, video and music take up a bit of space, or maybe he wants to have a massive rom collection on his microsd for no particular reason.

the class number is sometimes on the microsd with a circle around. you could just do a benchmark to find out if there is no number

pacha69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Sephi said:
pacha69 said:
perhaps he is using his ds for multimedia, video and music take up a bit of space, or maybe he wants to have a massive rom collection on his microsd for no particular reason.

the class number is sometimes on the microsd with a circle around. you could just do a benchmark to find out.

Sorry, forgot about the multimedia capacities of the nds ...

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pacha69 said:

i) Well it's obviously to fit more games on! There are over 4700 NDS roms excluding homebrew of which you can fit around 200 on a 8GB card.

ii) 8GB cards cost very little and GB per $ are cheaper than 2GB cards, Even in the UK 8GB cards with 20MB/s read speeds and 8MB/s write speeds cost me only $16 where as the cheapest 2GB card costs $7, 4 2GB cards would cost me $28!

iii) Acekards are well known for their spring on the SDslot breaking. The fewer times you have to remove and insert the card again, the better.

shanecrow99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a 16gb Class 2 SDHC with no problems at all. The class rating doesn't mean that much as far as using it with an AceKard is concerned.

I have all of my NES, SNES, and NEO-GEO Roms on my SD card.
My GBA collection weights in at 8Gigs (unzipped) while my NDS collection is about 50Gigs (unzipped).

Granted, I don't load every single game that I own on it but I have about 10Gigs out of the 16 filled.

If you know where to look, 16Gb SDHC cards can be had for about $25.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make...