Homebrew What is The Biggest Micro SD Card You Can Use On a NEW 3DS XL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right Now I Have 3 N3DSXL System and a N3DS small ... one mine the others my kids & wife ALL have 128 SD Cards Fully Loaded with games & NOW Movies ... i didnt know that the 3DS could watch 3D/2D movies using Moflex .. so i have grabbed about 100 gigs of 3D films .. & Im Tempted to get a Larger Micro SD card for my N3DS XL ..as the moflex movies are quite Large File Sizes..... so its a simle question how big can you go on 3DS ... with a micro SD ..?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right Now I Have 3 N3DSXL System and a N3DS small ... one mine the others my kids & wife ALL have 128 SD Cards Fully Loaded with games & NOW Movies ... i didnt know that the 3DS could watch 3D/2D movies using Moflex .. so i have grabbed about 100 gigs of 3D films .. & Im Tempted to get a Larger Micro SD card for my N3DS XL ..as the moflex movies are quite Large File Sizes..... so its a simle question how big can you go on 3DS ... with a micro SD ..?
2TB

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1tb for micro sd, but honestly those movies are probably taking a lot of space. I;d go with a 256gb if you're really into filling up the system

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1tb for micro sd, but honestly those movies are probably taking a lot of space. I;d go with a 256gb if you're really into filling up the system
oh man 256 is fine & your right them films are 2 to 3 gig and higher ... but i have to say watching StarWars in 3D is pretty fun ....! i simply wasn't sure if i could go higher than 128 gig

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No 2TB is max as 2TB is fat32 limit
Sounds Insane LOL i bet they are pricey !!! 256 is what i plan to get ...

A 2 TB sd card doesn't exist yet I thought 1 TB barely came out.
Im not buying a 1TB but im curious to how much it would cost ...?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh man 256 is fine & your right them films are 2 to 3 gig and higher ... but i have to say watching StarWars in 3D is pretty fun ....! i simply wasn't sure if i could go higher than 128 gig

Sounds Insane LOL i bet they are pricey !!! 256 is what i plan to get ...

Im not buying a 1TB but im curious to how much it would cost ...?

Like 450 plus tax, roughly 489 usd.

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While 2TB's will eventually be the limit on how much you can put in a 3DS, there is really no reason to. Unless you're gonna have the entire 3DS Library on your console (Even then after awhile they can't appear on the home menu, requiring manual launch from something like FBI) There is really no reason to get one. Mine has a 128gb Samsung in it and it's only like...25-30% full after my carts are converted to CIA.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While 2TB's will eventually be the limit on how much you can put in a 3DS, there is really no reason to. Unless you're gonna have the entire 3DS Library on your console (Even then after awhile they can't appear on the home menu, requiring manual launch from something like FBI) There is really no reason to get one. Mine has a 128gb Samsung in it and it's only like...25-30% full after my carts are converted to CIA.

ATM my is 128 San Disk Ultra on all N3DS XL system with all the games emulators ect and about 30 3D movies .... i have 2 gigs left on the card ... and all cia games on my PC incase i need a switch around but to be fair im only playing the classics atm

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U fill it up in a day and only play 10% what's installed [emoji14]
ALOT Like our N3DS XL here my kids just watch films now ive played 10 games max like the Zelda's MK7 & Ive Nearly finished the new Metroid i think but playing 4 player bluetooth with the family on mario or mario kart is priceless ... ive hacked every other console Wiiu Ps3 Xbox 360 Ps Vita's .. and my kids never use them ... Such is life here

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I actually hit the 300 limit on the menu ages ago & learnt how I should delete my icons down to the 299 but with emulators & Retroarch .. & the movie viewer 3D app is a single icon .. & all films go to the root of the the SD card.. & I have 110 gigs of films downloaded I might as well spend the $$ & get a bigger card.. Plus my tablet could use my existing 128 SD card in my 3DS .. It's a cheap win win ..

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
actually it is theorically 2TB because it is the maximum limit of the SDXC standard that the 3DS use, so they do not exist to this day but they will in the future, and once we want to get bigger than 2TB we will need a new standard (SDUC) that will not work with the 3DS

ps: well its also the limit of fat32 partition size, but thats not what matter here, if that was the problem you could have a 4TB card with a 2TB partition only

ps2 for info:
SD standard was up to 2GB
SDHC from 2 to 32 GB
SDXC 32GB to 2TB
SDUC 2TB to 128TB

ps3 : when i say "the SDXC standard that the 3DS use" i of course mean by that that the 3DS can use UP TO SDXC (so SD and SDHC work too)

Last edited by Engezerstorung,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :tpi: