Hardware What is the best Wii Mop Chip available at the moment?

jg213

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I want to buy a pre modded wii, as I dont have faith that I would be able to solder a mod chip in one. So I basicallly want to ask what you guys think is the best wii mod chip available. I would asume that most places selling the modded wii's will be using the current crop of machines ?

I would like one with the most compatibilty and that is future proof i.e working for the next couple of years. I'm from the UK so will be buying a PAL wii.

I will most likely buy it on-line so if you have any uk recommended suppliers, I would appreciate it if you let me know, somebody has suggested a place but I guess the more the merrier.

Thanks for any help.

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, im interested too. planning to buy a Wii before xmas. can anyone tell me what is the difference between the chips? maybe a comparison of the chips? what is WiiKey? is that another modchip? does it matter what firmware you have on the wii? is it upgradable? and best compatibility of games. and would i be better of installing the backup loader instead of modding the wii?

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
check
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...chipset_version
or
http://wiitracker.nintendo-scene.com/search.php

At this point there is very little difference between the currently supported mod-chips.

If you're somewhat experienced, there are some good chips you can make yourself on PIC's.

Some chips require more soldering than others.

If you have a launch/early wii, wiikey is the best since it costs less and is really 0 effort to install with a wii-clip. Use the websites above to check.

Otherwise just get a D2pro

jg213

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still trying to figure out what to go for.. I think for me its out of these 3

D2PRO suposed to be good..... but wont be supported any longer
WiiKey 2.... No reviews (but heard they just stop supporting products..WiiKey V1 & D2PRO)
Wasabi.. I have not heard too much negative stuff about this chip

I want to get the best one, that will hopefully have support or updates should another SSBB or SMG game come out.

I planned to buy pre-modded but am wondering if I could possibly solder one of these on.... no previous soldering experince..... is it just a case of melting the solder & sticking the wire in ??

ComplicatioN

Broken Barriers
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
d2sun the way to go mines on a solderless clip works great
nyanya.gif

jg213

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^^ I read that the soldered on ones are better generally than the clips. but if I do myself I would probably go for a clip but If Im going to get a premodded one Im going to get soldered option.

what would people recommend out of the wiikey2, D2PRO and Wasabi V3, any chip here better than the other ? I aint read about too much wiikey 2 onwers experiences

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wasabi is the best at the moment.
Wiikey2 and D2Pro still have eject issues on some D2E-drives. Wasabi is flawless at the moment.

gamez2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I personally would go for

D2Pro budget-less or the wiikey 2 as a budget modchip.

The wasabi I havnt touched since its inital problems with the first version, v2 have since fixed these problems.

I am also against wiiclips, best way is to pay the extra and get it soldered in, that way when opening also you dont suff with anything.

About the guys who made the wiikey, d2ckey, d2pro. (The wiikey only supported the early versions, they had alot of support even it is still a good modchip for the early wii's, the D2Ckey the first d2c solution!!! was dropped for the D2Pro as the D2Pro is upgradable, the D2Pro was dropped (was it dropped I dont see why they wouldnt still release updates for it if required) as it was running out of room to support future versions that is why they now have the wiikey 2 which should be able to support alot more versions) This is what I have read so might be wrong but seems right to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: