Hacking What is the best Web Browser Homebrew out there?

NecrozShaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been looking in to it and apparently there are a couple of web browser out there Okiwi, Opera, DsHobro but before i go and install every single one of them i wanted to know which one u guys think its better or the best. Thx

Also is there any homebrew that could crack into a wireless signal or give you the key or something simlar? The reason i ask is because at my school they do have wireless signal but it password proteted.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have been looking in to it and apparently there are a couple of web browser out there Okiwi, Opera, DsHobro but before i go and install every single one of them i wanted to know which one u guys think its better or the best. Thx

Also is there any homebrew that could crack into a wireless signal or give you the key or something simlar? The reason i ask is because at my school they do have wireless signal but it password proteted.

Cracking the wireless key to any wireless network is illegal. Be smart, don't do it.
But if you must get a laptop. Trying to crack wireless keys on a DS is such a waste of time. And they only type of key the average person can crack is WEP, which anybody with a brain, (this means your school's network admin) probably won't use (of course there are exceptions).

Good luck breaking the law.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was a WEP cracking app over at GBAdev a while back but it was pretty much proof of concept (it lacked packet capture for one: you would have to grab a packet and add it to the DS at which point you might as well have used a laptop). WPA is well beyond the DS but unlike iritegood I would probably wager something on it being WEP. They might also have a logon option (which a browser should work for).

The official browser is probably the best for a standalone but DSHobro is great and I would not be too quick to discount the others either (I have been messing with DSOrganise of late and bungaloo is next up for some decent testing).

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe, my school uses WPA-PSK for the wireless that connects to the internet....but only WEP for the printer server! Printing out Chuck Norris facts on all the computers is a very fun thing to do.

I think DSO has the best homebrew browser, but the official is the best in the end

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
...Printing out Chuck Norris facts on all the computers is a very fun thing to do...

Lol that made my day.

Anyways, I've only used DSO's net browser and it fulfills my needs of random googling and wiki'ng. I've heard good things about DSHobro though I think you need to run a program on your computer from it to work (correct me if I'm wrong).

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
...Printing out Chuck Norris facts on all the computers is a very fun thing to do...

Lol that made my day.

Anyways, I've only used DSO's net browser and it fulfills my needs of random googling and wiki'ng. I've heard good things about DSHobro though I think you need to run a program on your computer from it to work (correct me if I'm wrong).

That is correct, you must have your computer acting as a server. Benefits - loads faster and with full image support.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Printing out Chuck Norris facts on all the computers is a very fun thing to do.

Haha yeah, I remember the fun we had with WEP keys and printers, then they decided to hardwire the cables lol.

Well my first choice of browser would be:
1. The official
2. DSHobro
3. DSOrganize's browser.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check out the web browsers in DSLinux if you get the chance. Retawq is very usable in my mind, and if you have extra RAM in slot-2 you can run Links as well, which is also very functional. You do have to memorize some keyboard hotkeys (press 'g' to go to a url, press 'n' to open a new window, press Shift+d to download the link to your card, etc) but once you get those then you're golden. Retawq supports multiple pages at once (think of it like tabbed browsing) and can download files to your card easily, plus it's incredibly fast.

Outside of DSLinux I'd recommend DSO and the official Opera browser. Bunjalloo works pretty good as well, though I don't use it as often.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol