what is the best way to run GC homebrew on Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by snake2, Feb 7, 2011.

Feb 7, 2011
  1. snake2
    OP

Newcomer snake2 Advanced Member

United States
    ok I just soldered a micro SD to SD adapter and I want to try out swiss by emu-kidd, what would be my best option I do not want to flash a custom MIOS and HBC tells me it is not a valid Wii app.

and what would be the best tool to rip the dummy data from a GC ISO?

If I have to burn a DVD with swiss on it that is fine because I have a Wiikey just need to know what tool will give me a bootable ISO from the .dol

2. snake2
    OP

Newcomer snake2 Advanced Member

United States
    I got it, I used GC-Tool 1.2b and replaced the .dol in my mario kart double dash ISO. burnt the resulting ISO to a DVD and loaded swiss

3. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    First of all, you need a cMIOS, Swiss won't work without one. It's no different than installing a cIOS, why don't you want to do it?
    If you change your mind here is the link for the cMIOS installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?4ayvwgqey66qc9v

For starting swiss use WiiPower's Wii Swiss Booter

EDIT: just noticed you got it. Oh well, this post might help other people.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    [​IMG]

(my English probably isn't good enough, but I have a totally wrong idea of how this looks [​IMG] ...though I do know what you mean)

I have to +1 person66's post. Keep in mind that a wii has multiple IOS'es and most can be installed, upgraded and downgraded quite easily and risk-free*.

Perhaps I'm the only one confused by your own solution, but...how did you get a custom DVD to work on your wii without having a custom MIOS? [​IMG]

*there are one or two IOS'es where a power-out in the middle of installing them could be a problem...but the MIOS is not one of them