what is the best way to run GC homebrew on Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by snake2, Feb 7, 2011.

1. snake2
    OP

snake2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    ok I just soldered a micro SD to SD adapter and I want to try out swiss by emu-kidd, what would be my best option I do not want to flash a custom MIOS and HBC tells me it is not a valid Wii app.

and what would be the best tool to rip the dummy data from a GC ISO?

If I have to burn a DVD with swiss on it that is fine because I have a Wiikey just need to know what tool will give me a bootable ISO from the .dol

2. snake2
    OP

snake2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    I got it, I used GC-Tool 1.2b and replaced the .dol in my mario kart double dash ISO. burnt the resulting ISO to a DVD and loaded swiss

3. person66

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Jun 16, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    First of all, you need a cMIOS, Swiss won't work without one. It's no different than installing a cIOS, why don't you want to do it?
    If you change your mind here is the link for the cMIOS installer: http://www.mediafire.com/?4ayvwgqey66qc9v

For starting swiss use WiiPower's Wii Swiss Booter

EDIT: just noticed you got it. Oh well, this post might help other people.

4. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    [​IMG]

(my English probably isn't good enough, but I have a totally wrong idea of how this looks [​IMG] ...though I do know what you mean)

I have to +1 person66's post. Keep in mind that a wii has multiple IOS'es and most can be installed, upgraded and downgraded quite easily and risk-free*.

Perhaps I'm the only one confused by your own solution, but...how did you get a custom DVD to work on your wii without having a custom MIOS? [​IMG]

*there are one or two IOS'es where a power-out in the middle of installing them could be a problem...but the MIOS is not one of them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice