Homebrew What is the best way to emulate games on the 3DS

• Thread starter RyuShinobi500
  • Start date
  • Views 1,250
  • Replies 6
R

RyuShinobi500

I am looking for a reliable emulator to emulate games on the 3DS I will be mostly emulating GBA games but I would like to have the ability to emulate other games as well I have tried Retroarch but it runs with a lot of lag I have also tried Twilight menu++ but I am having a bad glitch are there any other emulators that are good for what I am doing thanks

Solid One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For GBA, you could use Ultimate GBA VC Injector, which runs GBA games kinda natively on 3DS. You'll get better performance, at lower battery consumption.

For other platforms, that depends of which ones you're trying and what 3DS you have (o3DS, N3DS XL, etc). On my o3DS, I'm using SNES9x for Super NES games, and PicoDrive for Sega Genesis games. Both runs a lot of games at full speed. Beated DKC2 and DKC3 on SNES9x, and played Kid Chameleon a lot on PicoDrive, and the performance was great.

Solid One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@RyuShinobi500 as a fellow Linux user, I think this app works only on Windows. You could try your luck with Wine to see if it works, but I doubt you'll be able to generate the .CIA succesfully.

If it doesn't work on Linux and you don't have a Windows SO on your side, you could try GBARunner2 as @Dartz150 mentioned. Recently I tried it on a DS Lite with Twilight Menu and was amazed at how good it works. It still has some bugs here and there compared to the injection method, but it has its advantages as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: