Gaming What is the best way to defeat Giant Bowser in M&L Dream Team?

IncognitoMaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have completed most of the game, I am now at the part where Giant Luigi takes on Giant Bowser. Not that anyone plays this anymore, but does anyone have tips on how to dodge Bowser's attacks and constantly push him into the lava? I know how to dodge when he comes running at Luigi, but what about the flamethrower attack and the one with spinning airships in the air? Also, I heard that the FInishing Bros attack has obstacles you need to dodge, when is the best time to swerve and dodge the obstacles? Also, what happens if Mario accidentally hits one of the obstacles on Finishing Bros?

Last edited by IncognitoMaster,

IncognitoMaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wow that was such a battle... however still easy to defeat. I got in a lot of hits but if you time your dodges and counters perfectly you will get there!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My tips if you don't want to see how to do it you might be better off not seeing this:
He never runs in the middle, but always to the left or right. To dodge, swipe the other way. Those airships will spin then align in a certain manner. When the bullet bills (or whatever) come close to you, like really close that's when you strike: left if they are horizontal, up if they are vertical. When the spear guys come, start tapping where his legs would come on the screen, gives you an immediate start. When the energy orb from Bowser's minions comes don't strike too fast, wait for the ball to come close to you then strike. When he breathes fire swipe up as fast as you can, so you can catch the airship, any delay would burn you by the fire. When catching the airship, swipe down to jump on Bowser. If he is on the metal grate, he's gonna fall into the lava. He gets bigger and regens his strength after Finishing Bros, then he throws an orb at you. Keep striking to deflect it back to him, then he's gonna lose all his HP (after so long of losing and gaining HP? Trust me the whole game feels like this, you have to go through so much obstacles just to get the thing next to you!). When Star Driver comes, keep the 3ds steady and study the patterns - you need to make a move which dodges the moving obstacles so be careful. Then you finish by hitting Bowser again.

Last edited by IncognitoMaster,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I despised those Giant Battles. What a slog! They're tolerable in the DS version of Bowser's Inside Story, but in Dream Team they're slow, and the timing is too tricky.

How are they in the 3DS version of BIS?

IncognitoMaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How are they in the 3DS version of BIS?
I dunno, im playing Dream Team. Might look into BIS after.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Man I just passed the bomb section after Antasmas battle! Gotta say it was very trick- JUST KIDDING got there on my first go. Trick was to use the wall... keep walking like you are rubbing the wall... you'll dodge them all. No use going in the middle to actually move around to dodge them... who wants to do THAT?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it