What is the best way to boot into Gateway emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Chrushev, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Chrushev
    OP

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    Hi guys, so I bought a Gateway when it first came out and have been basically installing CIAs to Emunand and using it that way, has been working great for I think is around 2 years now. I havent really been following any developments recently so I am wondering... the one big inconvenience of gateway emunand is booting into it. Have to be near wifi and have to have gateway card on you. So its easier to just have your 3DS in sleep mode 24/7.

Have there been any developments to cold boot directly to Gateway Emunand? Is there a way around needing a gateway card every time?

Thanks!

2. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I personally use menuhax + Ctr boot manager to boot Gateway. Using hax 2.6's payload for menuhax, I get a good boot rate (Unlike 2.5). It works completely offline so no need for wifi.
    Basically as soon as I turn on my 3ds, I'm presented with a menu of options, where I can select Gateway. It skips right over sysnand and serves as extra protection.

You always need the Gateway card inserted to boot into Gateway emunand, no bypassing that.