What is the best VPN extension for Chrome?

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently using ZenMate's VPN extension for Chrome, but looking at the web store, there appears to be a lot of other great VPN services, and i would like to know which one is the best for chrome?
I don't really care about extra features, i just want the basics: Giving me a US IP, that's it, and if the VPN service has a premium, i would like it to be a pay-once rather than a monthly subscription (like ZenMate).

Reactions: ZachGold

ZachGold

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently using ZenMate's VPN extension for Chrome, but looking at the web store, there appears to be a lot of other great VPN services, and i would like to know which one is the best for chrome?
I don't really care about extra features, i just want the basics: Giving me a US IP, that's it, and if the VPN service has a premium, i would like it to be a pay-once rather than a monthly subscription (like ZenMate).

Does it have to be a Chrome extention and nothing else?

Yes:

Then i guessing hola and zen mate are decent but i think zenmate now requires an email signup. check it out

No:

1. You can check out add-ons and extentions for Firefox too

2. Opera is now offering a proxy too. They're marketing it as VPN but i think it's a proxy

3. You can also download apps and use paid services like ivacy, astrill, pure. in case of an app, you'll be able to filter traffic through the app and it'd work on any browser, not just chrome.

D

Deleted User

I wouldn't recommend any of the 'browser extension' VPNs, since they are probably less secure than a paid VPN, and cannot be used with other applications besides whatever browser you have installed them on.

Most of them, as @hii915 said, probably make a profit by selling your data, which is obviously a privacy risk, and the point of a VPN is to keep your IP and identity private.

That said, since I've never tried a VPN nor have any reason to use one, so can't really recommend anything right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end