What is the best video player?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by stefh, Aug 14, 2006.

Aug 14, 2006

What is the best video player? by stefh at 7:44 PM (2,346 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. stefh
    OP

Newcomer stefh Member

Netherlands
    What is the best videoplayer to install on my supercard lite?

2. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    Moonshell is about the only thing out there and it's fairly good. You can grab it here. There are tools to convert video in the moonshell package though I prefer to use a program called 'Batch DPG', which can be found here (thanks FAST6191 for providing a link to it in another thread). [​IMG]

3. stefh
    OP

Newcomer stefh Member

Netherlands
    I tried moonshell but I don't like it... Used batchDPG, movie freezes sometimes, I can't fast forward... Or?

I find it irritating that they don't use the bottom screen for controlling the movie... is there a better way to do it?

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Moonshell works fine here and is in my opinion the best option for DS multimedia.
    You would do well do alter some of the options in the global.ini file, for example set dithering to 0 or 1, GOPSKip to 0, AdaptiveDelayControl=0 (you might want to experiment with this one)

You might also want to try encoding with a slightly higher bitrate and making the sounds one slightly lower.

As for controlling the movie the bottom screen has a seek bar which works well for me.

5. stefh
    OP

Newcomer stefh Member

Netherlands
    Thanks for your reply! I switched off the dithering and now it works great! Excellent! Thanks!

6. xenon

Member xenon GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    If you're referring to the thread with the BatchDPG guide, would you please link it here? I can't find it anymore! Or was it on sosuke? [​IMG]

7. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
  8. xenon

Member xenon GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    That's it, thanks!

9. id242

Member id242 GBAtemp Fan

United States