What is the best value for money ext. hard drive?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by R4Liam, Dec 8, 2011.

1. R4Liam
    OP

Member R4Liam Artsy Dude

United Kingdom
    I want one for Christmas but don't know which one to get :/

So far I have found these two:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerfreakz-Ripple-External-Pocket-Portable/dp/B004LUG7G6/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1323387264&sr=1-4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Value-160GB-Portable-Pocket-External/dp/2295125685/ref=pd_sim_sbs_computers_3

2. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Those aren't cheap at all... Last year I got a good one that has 1.5tb for only 80€... Sure, those are prolly slimmer and all but for that ammount of money I think you should buy one with much more memory.. The one I got was a memup one, I love that brand for some reason.

3. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    You won't get a very good hard drive, since as of recent all of the harddrive prices doubled/tripled because of the flooding in Thailand.
    I suggest waiting until the factory issue is worked out before buying a new harddrive, because once that happens you'll be able to get 1TB+ drives for the price you're asking for.

4. Skelletonike

Portugal
    Oh, so that's why they're so expensive now... I found it strange that a hard drive similar to mine was going for over 150€ online now.

5. R4Liam
    OP

Member R4Liam Artsy Dude

United Kingdom
    Whoa! That is a great price for 2tb but I think I will wait for the prices to go down then, I think I would prefer to spend that sort of money on other things. Thanks guys.

6. Skelletonike

Portugal
    Hmk, if it's like yaymii said then you're prolly better off waiting for a while. xP

7. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    £75 was the normal price for 2TB HDDs pre-flooding. £45 for 1TB. Then you add an extra £5-15 for a HDD enclosure.

For the slim HDDs, it's usually around £20-40 added to the thicker counterparts. They are smaller, quieter and use less power, so you can run one using a USB port alone (3.5" HDDs need external power).