What is the Best Torrent Client?

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's odd. Magnet links seem to work fine for me though. Maybe try getting the latest build and see if it's still there.
I switched to uTorrent once BitTorrent introduced ads. Then I noticed uTorrent was BitTorrent in all green, and using the latest versions for about a month, the magnet link still didn't work (across two different computers).

Instead I just went back to BitTorrent and disabled the ads :)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I switched to uTorrent once BitTorrent introduced ads. Then I noticed uTorrent was BitTorrent in all green, and using the latest versions for about a month, the magnet link still didn't work (across two different computers).

Instead I just went back to BitTorrent and disabled the ads :)
Turn off the screen that comes up that shows you the contents of the torrent and magnet links will work. Not sure why, but that fixed it for me.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can believe how many "computer-smart" people here are still suggesting uTorrent. IIRC, uTorrent now has ads and those ads can track your IP address.

Just go with Deluge. Light-weight, open source, cross-platform. No ads.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I can believe how many "computer-smart" people here are still suggesting uTorrent. IIRC, uTorrent now has ads and those ads can track your IP address.
The thing is "computer-smart" people know that last phrase is bullshit...

Might want to read up on what IP addresses are and do, concepts like network address translation, etc. Fearmongering phrases like that are usually originated from reports and people that don't actually understand what's going on, and so spread unneeded fear.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn off the screen that comes up that shows you the contents of the torrent and magnet links will work. Not sure why, but that fixed it for me.
That's the first thing I disable (or rather, tell 'never to show again').

uTorrent always said something along the lines of, 'This is not a valid link file' or some-such. The same magnet links work fine in BitTorrent, so whatevers for me.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's the first thing I disable (or rather, tell 'never to show again').

uTorrent always said something along the lines of, 'This is not a valid link file' or some-such. The same magnet links work fine in BitTorrent, so whatevers for me.
Huh, odd. It has always worked for me after I disabled that screen without a hitch. Then again, it's probably not worth finding out why it broke, so by all means carry on using BT if it works for you.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Transmission. Though I'm forced to use uTorrent in Windows due to the lack of a proper Transmission port :/

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is "computer-smart" people know that last phrase is bullshit...

Might want to read up on what IP addresses are and do, concepts like network address translation, etc. Fearmongering phrases like that are usually originated from reports and people that don't actually understand what's going on, and so spread unneeded fear.

Unneeded fear is only unneeded because not a lot of people are aware of how companies are tracking them. It's better to be safe than sorry, and surely uTorrent isn't helping that.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Unneeded fear is only unneeded because not a lot of people are aware of how companies are tracking them. It's better to be safe than sorry, and surely uTorrent isn't helping that.
Every site you visit, and every ad on every site, has your IP.

Reactions: Attila13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool