What is the best super-stable 3D calibration setting for me?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by CatmanFan, Jan 10, 2017.

1. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan How do I discover a DSi exploit?

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    AT MY HOUSE
    I've noticed that no matter what value my New 3DS XL's super-stable 3D is calibrated to, it always looks slightly off (as in a very faint double image of the screen) when the 3D depth slider is all the way up and I'm using System Settings. my system is dual TN, and I've also figured out that values 1.0 to -0.5 look the same altogether, while -0.5 to -1.0 look more off. Which calibration value is best-looking for me?

2. Alkéryn

Alkéryn Master of cookies ~

Mar 15, 2015
    France
    Albategnius, Moon
    You can't change that some people as me have the eyes closer or further than the majority thus causing 3d to not work properly
    I also have double image

CatmanFan likes this.
  3. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    For me, it only works with my glasses. I'm near sighted on just one eye, the left one. This heavily impairs my hability to perceive depth without my glasses, it also seems to interfere with the 3ds 3d in general.

The glasses even out my vision and everything starts to work, of sorts (shadows here and there).

I'm not saying the same is happening to you, though.

CatmanFan likes this.
  4. Alkéryn

Alkéryn Master of cookies ~

Mar 15, 2015
    France
    Albategnius, Moon
    It might have something to do with de refraction caused by the glass ^^

5. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    Hehe my glasses are not that thick yet, to be noticeable. I guess it's just bad cab as op or just I need a new glasses (the latter, i'm afraid)

I see perfectly fine without them, as my brain focuses much more on the right one (which points razor sharp) but the depth degrades vastly.

Last edited by Urbanshadow, Jan 10, 2017