Homebrew What is the best R4 GBA emulator?

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the R4i and I have been searching for a workable GBA emulator so I can play Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories fine.

Is there a perfect GBA emulator that runs without glitches?

Or is it worth to get a GBA flash cartridge and which one would be suggested without any issues like timebombs?

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBARunner2 is up your alley though it's still a WIP. Not all games work properly and some have save issues. KH CoM is a bit of a mess right now on it and it probably will be fixed in the near future but a lot of games are really great on it.

DynastyVic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBARunner2 is up your alley though it's still a WIP. Not all games work properly and some have save issues. KH CoM is a bit of a mess right now on it and it probably will be fixed in the near future but a lot of games are really great on it.

I read about GBArunner2 and the list of games that are playable. KH CoM is so buggy.

I am wondering if a GBA flash cart would be better.

D

Deleted User

GBArunner2 is more of an Hypervisor than a Emulator (similiar to Nintendont for the Wii).

t's a hypervisor. The game runs on the processor natively, but everything that's different or not available on a ds is emulated in such a way that the gba game should not notice it (in practice there are timing differences and stuff of course). It's explained in more detail a couple of pages back I think.

I would buy a gba flashcard like everdrive if I were you.

Last edited by ,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
EverDrive
Personally I am using the EZ Omega with my GBA
I really won't suggest using a GBA emulator (or anything akin to one) via the R4 because they run really poorly. GBA carts like the EverDrive and EZ Omega are the best bet for GBA games.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi