Hacking What is the best place to get a good budget card?

Big Green

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't buy from Deal extreme because I'm using a gift card and paypal doesn't accept gift cards because you can't verify them or something like that. I have 30 dollars(Well 29, pay pal still has to return the one dollar processing fee. It'll go back in about a day or so). I need to get a Flash cart, a tf read and a Micro SD card.

I was going to get an edge, and a 4 GB Kingston for 27 dollars, but I guess that's out of the question because I can't do Dealextreme.

So I need a site that is reliable with direct transactions where I can get a tf reader, a cart and an sd card for 30 or less. I'll accept 1 gb storage for now.

I was thinking about lettmod.com or psxboy.com. I also saw an EZ Flash V plus for 18 dollars at one of these stores(I can't remember) Is the EZ Flash V plus any good. I want something that won't break easily. I hear a lot about Ace kard and Topt Toy breaking fast with FAT errors and stuff like that.

Requios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking out of experience, I don't think the EZ Flash V is all that great. My sister has an EDGE, and it is pretty much a low-end CycloDS clone. It certainly does have great features, and uses the same skins that are used for CycloDS. I personally recommend stuffs4kids.com. They are in the states, and shipping is relatively cheap. Prices are good, too, for being in North America, though I added the shipping, and an EDGE (without a microSD) totals at $32.59.

Not sure if you want to wait for a couple more bucks, but if you're open to other cards, might I also recommend an Acekard 2? They are great cards. The skins that they use are great, and they have most, if not all, the features you probably want. It's especially great when coupled with the AKAIO firmware. With a 1G microSD, the cost of an Acekard 2 after shipping is $29.60 at stuffs4kids. Go ahead and compare the reviews of the EDGE and Acekard 2 and see which one more suits you.

Big Green

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about acekard 2, but I heard that a lot of the kards come in faulty. My main problem is staying withing the 30 dollar limit though. If i could I would get and 16 gig sd with a cyclods and Fast 1 day shipping. But yeah. If only.

Requios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That problem is long past now. It was only with the 2.0s that they came faulty. The 2.1 is the standard that is sold now (I don't know of any site that still sells 2.0s). You'll notice on stuffs4kids they note that they sell 2.1.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Big Green said:
I was thinking about acekard 2, but I heard that a lot of the kards come in faulty. My main problem is staying withing the 30 dollar limit though. If i could I would get and 16 gig sd with a cyclods and Fast 1 day shipping. But yeah. If only.

Is 16GB actually out yet?

Requios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At stuffs4kids.com, the Acekard comes with a USB adapter for your microSD/SDHC card. I'm not sure about leetmod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night