Homebrew Question What is the best method to play Melee on Switch?

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey, Okazakiieou. I have tried Dolphin on Linux and the performance has turned out to be unstable in frames per second.
I have been researching and apparently my best option is to opt for Android, since specifically in Melee it can go to a stable 60FPS. Even activating the 2.01GHz Overclock on Linux, it is still generally unplayable.
27-35 FPS at all times and jerks at times. Have I done something wrong? I ask the question why can't I really find information about Melee on Linux and its best settings, and if there aren't any. Android, here I come.
In my experience, booting into Linux is more of an experimental and light workstation thing rather than something to game on. I'm glad you got it to work, though that performance is disappointing. Did you do Arch Linux or Ubuntu? Ubuntu's desktop environment has more overhead, but it's kind of a moot point since I don't think switching to Arch would bring ~30fps up to 60 anyway.

Good luck with the Android, I'm not sure how to overclock it in Android but the performance should be better anyway.

Tyson TH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This being said, does the Hori Split Pad Pro work on LineageOS for the Switch as far as you or anyone else knows? Because that might breathe some new life and utility for the device for me, personally!
If you're using the latest switchroot release of Android 10, they claim Hori controller support is now working. I can confirm the Hori D-Pad Joy Con works and apps even see it as a regular Joy-Con so I think you have a good shot of it working.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s